Tact zone scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

coolhl

Tact zone scope

Post by coolhl »

am I alone in thinking the tact zone is actually a really decent illuminated 30 mm scope?
mine works great and I like the reticle display better than most higher end models.
I just wonder if it had "another" name on it would it be more appreciated,,,
norm
Richieg150

Re: Tact zone scope

Post by Richieg150 »

Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
bubba

Post by bubba »

From what i've seen the Tach-Zone is ok when it's working. But i have noticed a lot just don't last, My son just had one go. After less than a year, just would not maintain 0. Like said good when they work. Not good enough for me to trust when the hunt is on.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I liked mine!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
onequillkid

Post by onequillkid »

I never had any trouble with any Excalibur scopes. I shot deer with the vari zones the lumi zone I have and I plan on doing the same thing with the tact zone on my micro. Until I have a good reason to take off the tact zone it has a home on top of my micro. I wondered the same thing about these scopes, it seems like if it's not a leupold or a nikon or maybe even a redfield ya probally should upgrade. I guess it's just on how you look at it on my model 700's and my model 7's I do have nikon monarchs, leupolds, redfields, and even some bushnell elites but I shoot a little further than roughly 40 yards max with them.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....as said previously, they are a great, compact, illuminated scope....WHEN THEY WORK...the problem for some is that for some reason the Tact-Zone scopes along with its brothers, the dead zone, vari-zone and the Oh-no Zone scopes have a distant Irish cousin named Murphy who decides to visit at the most inopportune time , and for some of us we are just not willing to take that chance....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Richieg150 wrote:I LOVE my Tach Zone Scope...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t71RKhvvS6A

....great video and some damn good shooting!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I like it too. I like the red for low light.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
GRUNDY

Post by GRUNDY »

LOL!

Pretty sure murphy climbed into my deadzone at the factory...
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

I like my Tact-Zones :)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
Dale

Post by Dale »

My Exomax has the stock Varizone scope. The crossbow is about four years old now, I so far have no issues with it. However, I can see the advantage of the lighted cross hairs when the light is low.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

amythntr wrote:....as said previously, they are a great, compact, illuminated scope....WHEN THEY WORK...the problem for some is that for some reason the Tact-Zone scopes along with its brothers, the dead zone, vari-zone and the Oh-no Zone scopes have a distant Irish cousin named Murphy who decides to visit at the most inopportune time , and for some of us we are just not willing to take that chance....

You are so right ..1 Tz i have over 100 shots no problem ,another 8 shots dead on and then all of sudden shooting bad ..we checked everything,brace height, loose scope, loose whatever and everything is tight.arrows zombies shot great until 8th shot...