Tree Time Is Over

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Tree Time Is Over

Post by UPSMAN »

Got home today from my 5 days of R&R. Managed to get all the food plots planted and a few other chores done too. I hunted in a monsoon for 2 days straight. After the rains quit it was 90 degrees with about 80 % humidity. Staying scent-free was a joke. Even with the weird weather, I did see a lot of deer. I painted 18 deer in 5 days of hunting with the 380. Never took the safety off but it's nice to know that I could have killed every deer I put in the crosshairs. I saw a lot of spikes and small racked bucks and one basket rack 8 pt. My target buck from last season was a no-show all week. Probably won't even get a picture of him until the rut starts. For some unexplained reason,my bucks have already split out of their bachelor groups. They usually don't split up until mid October. Looks like my bow season is over for this year. It's back to work tomorrow for 2 days and then 4 more days of work next week. Heading to N.C. and Georgia mountains for 2 weeks of rest and house hunting. After that,it's 4 more days of work and then it will be time to get serious about hunting. 4 straight weeks of looking for "Mr. Big". Sure hope to get the chance to meet another fine forum member while I'm on vacation. I'm going to be in Blairsville Georgia for 1 week and I sure hope to finally meet Strum. Hope all you guys have an enjoyable bow season and I wish you much luck.

Dennis
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Hester0305

Re: Tree Time Is Over

Post by Hester0305 »

Dennis sorry you didn't see Mr. Big looks like you still had plenty of great action, what part of N.C. are you headed to I live in the Foothills between Charlotte and Asheville with Asheville being more mountain terrain.

Have a safe trip and hope you get some R&R.

Eric
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

Dennis if you going to be in Blairsville then be all means let me know I certainly want to meet you !!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Hester0305 wrote:Dennis sorry you didn't see Mr. Big looks like you still had plenty of great action, what part of N.C. are you headed to I live in the Foothills between Charlotte and Asheville with Asheville being more mountain terrain.

Have a safe trip and hope you get some R&R.

Eric
Hester,
I'm going to be in Asheville area for 4 days and then up to Boone for 3 days. If I'm in your neck of the woods I would love to meet you for lunch or dinner. You can tell me about that fine buck you killed last week.

Regards, Dennis
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String