3D Shooting Participant Numbers In Your Area?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

10Ring

3D Shooting Participant Numbers In Your Area?

Post by 10Ring »

I was wondering how the shoot attendance in your variuous areas has been this season compared to previous summers?

Some time ago, I posted something to the effect that 3D participation numbers have drastically fallen off in this area. This has continued. We have "brain-stormed" on how to get people to come out, without success.

Please note, this is not to say that forum members are at fault for this; numerous members have made long drives to come to our weekend shoots; this was great.

For us to continue, we need the support of the locals, people within 30 minutes of here and it has tappered off.

Our club used to run a 14 target for the local people every Monday night from May to the end of August from 1996 until 2003. For the first 6 years we used to get 30 to 50 shooters each Monday. In 2003 we were getting about 12. We have lost all segments of the game from trad to crossbows.

I became discouraged with this and the fact that my place needed some maintenance this year brought me to the decision to concentrate on trapshooting on Sunday afternoons and getting the home "chores" done. Some other folks decided to run our shoots every other Monday but have met with limited success.

Just wondered how things were going elsewhere.
10Ring
Bronco

Post by Bronco »

We just had our clubs final shoot of the season here last Sunday. Attendance was lower than we expected with only 30 shooters in total. But there was another shoot going on locally as well as the Worlds which took even 2 from our own club. Normally we have good turn outs up this way in Eastern Ontario.
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Bronco wrote: Normally we have good turn outs up this way in Eastern Ontario.
I have heard it seems to vary with the regions.

I spoke, by phone, to one of the organizers of the Sportsmans Show, which is bringing back archery gear and those "nasty" firearms (heck, if they are doing that, I might actually go to the next one). This person indicated that the attendance numbers for shoots had dropped off in some regions.
10Ring
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

The numbers remain consistent at the shoots on my area. I think the key for the success is the only run 4 shoots from apirl - august. IMHO this keeps peoples intrest and the dont get bored of the shoots.
-Richard-
BigBear

Re: 3D Shooting Participant Numbers In Your Area?

Post by BigBear »

10Ring wrote:I was wondering how the shoot attendance in your variuous areas has been this season compared to previous summers?

Some time ago, I posted something to the effect that 3D participation numbers have drastically fallen off in this area. This has continued. We have "brain-stormed" on how to get people to come out, without success.

Please note, this is not to say that forum members are at fault for this; numerous members have made long drives to come to our weekend shoots; this was great.

For us to continue, we need the support of the locals, people within 30 minutes of here and it has tappered off.

Our club used to run a 14 target for the local people every Monday night from May to the end of August from 1996 until 2003. For the first 6 years we used to get 30 to 50 shooters each Monday. In 2003 we were getting about 12. We have lost all segments of the game from trad to crossbows.

I became discouraged with this and the fact that my place needed some maintenance this year brought me to the decision to concentrate on trapshooting on Sunday afternoons and getting the home "chores" done. Some other folks decided to run our shoots every other Monday but have met with limited success.

..Hi 10Ring...i haven't been out pretty much at all this year, do to certain things...but looking forward to shooting 3-D for the rest of the shoots this year :D ..I'm having a shoot next weekend, and from what i hear there will be about 60 crossbow shooters attending :shock: ..yah i'm suprised, should be a fun 8) ...i'm in charge of the shoot, and have my rules in place...should be interesting :wink: ..seeya...Lou :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Hello Glenn : How was your trap season ? As for shoots in my area , I beleive the attendance was down , or steady .... I couldn't get out to any .... was too busy with work and family .... Big Bears shoot sounds full next weekend ... you should try to make it out , you will probably see lots of the forum boys there !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

R.J. wrote: How was your trap season ?
Trap season is great. I have been helping to run the trap at the CSC and "kicking butt" to boot. I am running about a 97/100 average right now :D

I would love to make it out to Big Bear's shoot but I am still trying to catch up on work on the place here. It was my choice but in the past few years I have neglected it to work at the club. Now I must get some stuff done before the weather turns and the regular rounds of rain don't help.

I have heard that in some parts of the U.S. that 3D has fallen off too, not sure if it is true or where if it is true.

We have a pretty nice course and clubhouse, good targets, keep the prices down and still the numbers decline.

There is some concern over West Nile and 4 years ago we actually asked "whats a tick look like?" now we know, there's lots of them here :x ; don't know if that has had any impact of turnout.

We will have to wait and see if the participation rebounds or not.
10Ring
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Glenn : Good to here you are enjoying your trap shooting .... some of our guys just got back from " The Grand " last week .... they did the whole whirl wind Vandallia , Jaqua's , Cabela's tour .... pretty exciting for us Canucks !

It would be nice to see you at the shoot next weekend .... we could write you a note ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

R.J. wrote:we could write you a note ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would have to be to me, I'm setting the pace.

This house was built in 1968, pretty much maintenance free except for the wooden Dashwood window frames which need painting. They wer/are very nice windows but the paint was bad, but the wood was luckily still OK, another winter or two and I'd have been into BIG $$. It is hard to string enough rainfree days together to keep at it but I have three sides of the house to go and need to get it done.

Even though I detest painting :x , I must respectfully and regretfully decline :(
10Ring
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

:lol: :lol: :lol: No problem Glenn ... take care ....
GREY OWL

Re: 3D Shooting Participant Numbers In Your Area?

Post by GREY OWL »

10Ring wrote:I was wondering how the shoot attendance in your variuous areas has been this season compared to previous summers?

GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Oooop's Tried to highlight a quote, but screwed up.

Just in case your wondering how participation in 3D shoots here are. Well if I was to have one here in Sask. I'd be the only one going. You guys are lucky, you have a bigger population of people, therefore much better turn outs. I only know of one other guy with a xbow.

Have a good day!!

Grey Owl