Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

johnbuck9

Marks stocks

Post by johnbuck9 »

Hi Too All'

I recieved my stock last week that Mark constructed, from Dan Miller,
and Iam here too let you all know if you are hesitating or undecided about
ordering one , they are everything and more that every one says they are and more, quiet, stable, very good looking, accurate too say the least, and very sweeeeeeet shooting, and the fit is excellant,
Thanks for a great stock Mark
As soon as I add a little red color too the bow once the season gets here Ill send some pics.
Have a great season everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I have the thumbhole multicolored stock, Just GREAT :D :D
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

JB9 : Congrats .... I have had a few of Marks stocks as well as many other forum members .... they are surley works of art ! It's cool to see the other forum members bows done up , so shoot us a picture of yours !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Mark

Post by Mark »

thanks JB9, i appreciate the review. They are nice, i couldnt imagin shooting my bow without the wood stock anymore!!! :D
Im hoping to get a bit of the red on a nice bear soon, man am i ready to go!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
johnbuck9

Marks stocks

Post by johnbuck9 »

Hey Mark,

You deserve the praise, no thanks needed, after shooting bows for 50 years you become very particular on what you place in your hands, and thats an excalibur bow accompanied with one of Marks stocks now get up in that tree stand and double lung a 500lb Blackie, that would make a hell of a rug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great hunt! :D :D :D
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I missed the earlier discussion about the merits of Mark's stocks. Are they mainly a cosmetic improvement, or is there some performance advantage? Are they expensive? Waiting time?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Stalker

Post by Stalker »

Mark, I've been on here for some time and I agree with the rest of the guy's ... you do some excellent work..... keep the pictures coming... maybe soon I'll be thinking about some of that quilted maple..... :wink:

Post by Guest »

Thanks guys,
The last thing i intended when i built my first stock was to make the bow look better, excaliburs really do look great to start with. Personally i wanted something besides the plastic stock. I was a bit unhappy with the noise the bow generated when shot. So i crafted a stock from a chunk of laminate birchwood.
The first shot after i mounted the new stock suprised the daylights out of me.It made the bow alot more quiet when shot...the vibration was almost all gone when you pulled the trigger and the thumbhole alows you to get a straight squeeze on the trigger thus better control , the raised cheek pc alows you to align your eye better when using a scope. All this helps improve accuracy. Yes it does improve the shooters proficiency, this all helps the shooter to get closer to the potential the bow has.
The first stock i made wasnt much to look and took a long time to do but after a few the looks did improve and so did the time to make a stock.

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

sorry guys forgot to log in again, really do need to set logon and leave it set.

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk