Please remove me as a member

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I dont beleive in deleting threads. If threads are of no intrest to anyone the will eventually fall to the bottom. I had more fun last spring posting about the hockey play-offs! I also gont some great advise on fixing my outboard when I tipped my canoe. This is a great forum to discuss a wide range of topics. If it was limited to crossbow hunting Im sure it wouldnt have half the posts.

GaryL, you have offered me a lot of great information, like today with strightening vanes!

Give the forum another chance!

If deleting of resonable posts continue, I am sure attendance will die!
-Richard-
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

New moderator, new ideas.

However, the success of any forum/business rests in the hands of its members/customers. IMHO the moderator is a facilitator and should assure that both the needs of its members and objective of the forum are met and maintained. The bottom line is that everyone is free to decide if their needs and wants are met and whether they wish to continue to patronize and contribute.

As for myself, I enjoy this forum and unless it changes drastically, I will continue to visit and contribute to it.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

...just came back to see the responses. I just tuned in! GaryL, you posted your own separate thread! Sorry I was unaware of this. :oops:

I'd feel ruffled too if this had happened to me. I suppose trapping became too much of a hot topic and a decision was made to close it down. I wouldn't take it personal though...

I'm not sure that a ban on other subjects not pertaining directly to crossbows is the ultimate answer either. I too feel like Red Label, that those darn guests are the main problem...especially the sh*t disturbers!
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I don't know how much extra work it would be for a moderator to cull out offending posts only, rather than deleting entire threads. Maybe that is not a realistic option.

If that were possible, it would relieve at least in part the appearance of being heavy handed, or picking on minority opinions, and appearing to punish the people who are merely engaging in a civil debate as well as those who are actually being guilty of improper conduct.

Gary's last thread that was deleted was not advancing the topic of trapping. If I understood him, his concern was that threads were being deleted and debate stifled. Everyone was being silenced because some few obnoxious posters were conducting themselves improperly, rather than only the few who deserved it being taken in hand.

I think he was also concerned that it was not being consistent for his thread to be deleted because it was stated to be not relevant to crossbow hunting, while so many others are permitted and they are at least equally as irrelevant.

I've been a member and posted since 2002. I've had to change my "handle" because I couldn't log in after a site crash or my computer crashed, whatever. (I'm not very computer literate.) I check out posts here almost on a daily basis, whether or not I post. I like this site.

We have a new moderator. Let's cut him some slack. Even if we don't agree with his decisions, we don't have to leave. If we don't agree with his decisions, and the issue is important enough, say so. But let's be tactfull about it if we do it. Being a new moderator is like getting into a canoe for the first time. It takes a while to get the feel for proper balance. Let's not dump the canoe.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Hoss not logged in

Post by Hoss not logged in »

GaryL stick around man you have to much to contribute..let it go man sometimes we are not in control but :wink: that doesnt mean we cant make a difference IMHO... :D
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

GaryL, I don't think its in your or any forum members best interest to drop out of the forum. Here's why. I remember this spring or early summer when you weren't posting for quite awhile, because of some medical problem. Alot of members were concerned where you were or what happen to you. I believe someone tried to get a hold, or did get a hold of you. When I first started viewing this forum, you were one of the most recognizable names on here. I truly believe this members on this forum care about, not only you, but all long time members.

Look at it this way, hunting season is almost here, take a break from the forum for a little while. The minute you shoot a deer, quickly come back and post it on this site. You remember like the one of you with your buck in the back of your half ton. I never forgot that picture. You see I care.

Sit back, take a deep breath, crack a beer, and get the topo's out.

THIS BUD'S FOR YOU GARYL

Grey Owl
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Geez what did I miss? I read the first few threads about trapping and it did not interest me that much so I skipped it ever time I logged in. Were peoples comments inappropriate or offensive? I read GaryL’s first posting and though it was a perfectly fine comment/opinion. :?

I'm against animal cruelty but if my neighbours cat craps in my garden again the exomax is coming out :wink: :lol: :lol:

Stick around GaryL, I'm sure the deletion was not due to anything you wrote.

Nick
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks one and all :D please see the link http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=5940
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Hi5 hit the nail on the head! Gary's last trapping thread had nothing to do with trapping. He had concerns about the forum and expressed them. As a result his thread got deleted. Take a look at the Black Powder thread. It had nothing to do with crossbows etc. The thread turned into a lesson in name calling and some members were in my opinion disrespected. Why was it not deleted?
R.J. you think this is an isolated case and I hope your right. Time will tell.
CH

Post by CH »

I also love to read all of the threads on here ,and most of the time I read all of the new ones I log on to here once a day I don't say much but I respect all of the veiws givin buy everyone even none crossbow issues I also would hope that if I needed help on an issue the members would help thanks... my 2 cents :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

I too feel like Red Label, that those darn guests are the main problem...
The main problem is the bad behavior of some members who offend people and let things escalate.
If somoeone has a different opinion and he gets nothing but offendings and aggresions those things will happen over and over again.
Maybe some people should watch their words instead of whining when threads get closed!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

"Guest" when you quote someone, get the whole quote. I noticed you left out the "sh*tdisturber" part. How convenient of you!

Let's face it. Anonymity breeds contempt. A guest's opinion should be reserved to him or her self. You want to participate, then sign up. Otherwise, come here and ask for our members opinions and advise related to crossbows. The word "guest" implies that you should show some humility and respect with those that are your hosts. If you don't feel welcomed, don't let the door hit your a** on the way out. :lol:
Pete

Post by Guest »

A guest's opinion should be reserved to him or her self. You want to participate, then sign up.
Ah, you make the rules here?
The word "guest" implies that you should show some humility and respect with those that are your hosts.
I didn't offend anyone. But I don't give respect to people who doesn't respect me and provocate me every chance they get.
Have you ever recognized how people treated "guests" here?
If you don't feel welcomed, don't let the door hit your a** on the way out.
I didn't complain. Only those who provocated and offended others are now whinig and crying.
Nature is hard and cruel but don't delete my thread or I cry for my mum. That's poor.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

This whole tread has nothing to do with crossbows and yet it still is alive ! Give me a break. This kind of slective moterating is wrong. I come here to enjoy others insights about hunting , if you want to keep this a CB only sight , it will surely die a slow death.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Guest, how about quoting "anonymity breeds contempt" and "sh*t disturber"... and believe me, you do offend me with your useless dribble.
Pete