Forum Rules ??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Should you have to register to reply to posts?

YES - anonynomus "guests" can create arguments designed to cause hard feelings.
90%
NO - anyone should be able to comment anonymously.
10%

Total votes: 71

wabi

Forum Rules ??????

Post by wabi »

With all the controversy over deleted threads I'm wondering if we should stick to crossbow topics only. But the deleted thread, IMHO, wouldn't have gotten so personal and offensive if the guest hadn't appeared. We've become somewhat of a community here, with many of us forming new friendships.
Is it so nice to have posters with the ability of hiding their identity and being able to post controversial or offensive remarks?
wabi
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I don't think it is a big deal if someone wants to reply and not register. Sure, there have been some cowardly replys by "guests", but if you return a reply to these individuals, you only fuel their fire. The best way to deal with these individuals is to not reply. After a day or two the post trickles down the first forum page and will be forgotten. If things are too unappropriate (name calling, spam links, anti's :twisted: , etc.) our moderator removes them. I can't speak for Excalibur, but from what I have seen, just because something is off topic or heated does not necessarily get it axed.

Personally, I don't know why someone would spend a lot of time on a forum like this and not register. It's no big deal. Try checking out some other forums or chat rooms and you'll see this one is extremely good. I visit this forum every day and there is a good reason for that - the information and the people who post it.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

My vote is a large YES! it would stop alot of BULL.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

wabi : I didn't vote either way ... I think that even though the guest posts get under our skin ( there are some guest that I believe have that goal soley in mind when they post ) .... we still might have a legitimate guest drop by occationally that just wants some info ....

So I believe we must not give the sh*t disturburs a platform .... when they post , we ingnore them ... eventually they tire and go away ( kinda like the bow site bashing that went on about a year ago ) it died a slow death ... and eventually things got back to normal ...

Bottom line is .... I like things the way they are .... I think we can handle the occational ripple a guest may put in the pond .

As for
We've become somewhat of a community here
I couldn't agree more ... and that's why we jump to the wall , sword in hand ( so to speak ) when somebody tries to bother the community !

We need to take a step back .... As I mentioned before ... things will get better soon when we release some of this tension in the field !

Come on Oct 1st !!!!

PS : Hows my camo call coming ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

ecoaster wrote
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Perrrrfect ! Well said .... Where did you pick that one up ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Way to go Wabi!!! If you were here I'd pat you on the back, and buy you breakfast. We are a community...... and no trolls or guest are going to ruin this forum in any way shape or form, PERIOD. No one is going to force me to quit, in any way shape or form PERIOD.

What I'm going to do is this. Any time that I see that a post will become, or has became controversal, I'm just going to opt out of it, cold turkey PERIOD.

Its O.K. in my mind to drift a little off topic from Xbow hunting, as long as it doesn't get carried away. Some of the best reading I've done has been O/T posts.

Were big boys, most of us being over 45 years old. My son little Owl is just shaking his head to see grown ups carrying on the way we are.

Lighten boys we do live in dam good countries with a democratic society.

This is the ABSOLUTE LAST TIME I TALK ABOUT THIS DILEMMA.

Grey Owl

Post by Guest »

The question is more: How do you want to tread people?

If somebody just wants to make trouble he can register within a few minutes. When he's kicked, he can do the same over and over again.
So, tread people right, don't offend them without reason and most of the problems are gone.
And ask yourself: What was the main problem in the trapping thread?
I call it "zero tolerance".
cdngunner

Post by cdngunner »

guest is not worth the effort

just got to keep telling myself that
Last edited by cdngunner on Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

cdngunner wrote:I'd like to tread on you and then TREAT you for you injuries!
You see what I mean?
As long as people behave like this and are not able to control their aggressions, your problems will go on and on.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
cdngunner wrote:I'd like to tread on you and then TREAT you for you injuries!
You see what I mean?
As long as people behave like this and are not able to control their aggressions, your problems will go on and on.
DITTO.......Really intellectual.

"zzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiippppppp" :roll:

Post by guest »

I kinda like his humour!

Post by Guest »

yah me too!
cdngunner

Post by cdngunner »

I know when I first joined i was totally against having to register to post.

All you guys were right!(there I've said it) I am a firm believer now that all those wishing to post should have to register

we have a convert! :shock:
Digger

Post by Digger »

I voted yes on this poll. I dont mind a guest asking a question on xbows or an O/T point, but when they are just trolls its hard to bite your tongue and log off the thread.

All the other forums I am on you have to register to put a thread up. It cost nothing but a few minutes of your time to register. We have 165 members on this forum that are registered but have not posted to any thread, they come and read our posts and will make a cotribution later. At least they are registered. It will cut down on unwanted post that just stir up contraversy . Just MHO.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Red Label