lighted nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcat

lighted nocks

Post by bobcat »

im thinking about ordering some luminocks. Which ones work on the quills? i was on the site but they dont list the quill arrows as a choice. Are they the same as the firebolts?
i see they sell them already installed also. any plus going this route? them seem pretty salty. I think i can buy them and new arrows cheaper.
amythntr

Re: lighted nocks

Post by amythntr »

....look at Burt Coyote's web site...they provide sizing for the Quills...many people make their own arrows and use the BEA Executioners and Zombie Slayers...The code for the 3 pack for them is GTFC (I believe)...

The Lumenoks are never on sale and run about $9 and change for each...I also use the Nu-Fletch Ignitors which are easier to extinguish and in my opinion have a better design...they are on sale many times and can be purchased for under $7 a pop...

...both are great, in my book...and I have and still use both depending upon my arra configuration and what the recipe calls for!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

looking hard at trying the ignitors. i will try pulling some inserts from my quills today.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

......Bobcat...PM or email or if you would like to call me to discuss let me know in an email and I will give you my cell....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
fellas2

Post by fellas2 »

Ingintors work great in my Micro, and if you go to their website they're on sale for $20.00 per pack of three.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

fellas2 wrote:Ingintors work great in my Micro, and if you go to their website they're on sale for $20.00 per pack of three.

....now that's what I'm talkin 'bout!

....order two or three packs and you bring your per unit cost down!!!!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

I used lumenocks for a year and loved them. They were a little hard to pull out and turn off without using nock pliers. Had a problem I hadn't thought about. My son borrowed my back up Matrix 355 Excal and unfortunately I forgot I had removed one of the Lumenocks and stuck the arrow in my quiver. You guessed it. He shot that arrow without a nock in it. Cut a perfectly good Boo string in two. Bow was ok though. I tried some ignitors and glued them in with some locktite. Now if the plastic receiver gets removed, the aluminum base remains in the arrow and acts like an aluminum nock. The ignitors work just as good and actually are easier to pull out by hand to turn off. Though a little heavier they flew the same as the Lumenocks. Mini Pearl (my Nightmare) loves them. Less expensive too. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

I love my Ignitors they work great and today after shooting a doe in the morning and looking for the nock tonight I found it inside the deer between the shoulder and the rib cage still lit after being driven between the shoulder and torso.. I have nothing but good things to say about these nocks and wouldn't use any other.. BTW I have tried luminocks, Easton tracers, and one other brand the name I can't remember and by far and away the Ignitors are the best...
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Firenocks for 3 years now, never a failure, and pinpoint accuracy,,,, the Matrix and Micro use the D2 nock,,, I've used the others and these are my top choice,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!