Excal C2 Crank Pros n Cons

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deertrx

Excal C2 Crank Pros n Cons

Post by deertrx »

Hi guys and gals had a non hunting related fall this past weekend while helping my son move to his new house. :( I bruised some ribs along with my ego! Still to sore to cock the 380 with the rope cocker. A C2 is on its way should be here today or tomorrow. Wanted your advise on the C2 as it looks like this may be my only option to get some woods therapy while I'm healing up. :)
Thanks
Brian
Last edited by deertrx on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "
lscha

Re: Excal C2 Crank Pros n Cons

Post by lscha »

The cons are obvious. But you should know that if you use it all the time you will become very proficient at it and fast. That just happens. I never minded it much.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

:idea:

To this sounds like a great excuse for your son to go hunting with you over the next little while, while you heal.
He needs to be there ready to cock your 380 when needed. :wink: :D

CC
No One

Post by No One »

Only con is price. Pro is can be used on silent mode and can done sitting down. Also I just use mine to adjust my brace height. :D
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup its abit slower, its nice to have n use when needed. Plus it pulls even never has a stronger arm side!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Once I got it and sorted out the "how to" --------I seldom use the normal stringer method --- really saves on the back muscles -- I must be getting old :roll:
Green380

Post by Green380 »

Just got one myself. I think it works quite well actually. Other than the annoyance of having an extra thing in my bag I like it.
I haven't used to much yet but already find it pretty natural.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The pro is you can stop part way up while cocking to rest .
The con is " Don`t use it to un-cock " . If the handle gets out of your control . It is a wicked knuckle buster . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

The C2 is a real back and shoulder saver. You can use it in silent mode, just keep a tight grip on the handle. I do this to cock the Xbow, since I can't hear the trigger mechanism engage with the anti reverse lever clicking.

Also, as mentioned previously, the C2 can be used with the stringing aid to set brace height, and makes this process a breeze. For this, I use the anti reverse mechanism and pull up the stringing aid just enough so I can take the end of the Xbow string off the end of the limb and twist before putting back on.
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Worth every penny IMHO. I use it more with the stringer and carry it in my backpack in case I have to cock Mo-bad after a shot while in cramped quarters.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I agree with all the positive statements. With higher poundage Xbows , I think it wise for most of us to use it even though cocking isn't too difficult for us. This is parallel to not shooting a 72# compound repeatedly. After a while, it just causes damage.
DMc

Post by DMc »

If you need it, it is indispensable and a great sturdy tool. I break all the rules with mine. It lives on my Exocet. I removed the large brass hand tightening bolt and replaced it with a flush fitting allen bolt.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

When repeatably shooting while sighting in, etc. it reduces fatigue. As previously stated for those of us with bad shoulders, etc. it is a necessity.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
IroquoisArcher

Post by IroquoisArcher »

Being short too makes it so cocking my Exocet 165 (vintage 1990's model) too long for me to really get my elbows high enough...can do it but just barely. This was originally Dad's and he couldn't pull it so got it. At $150.00'S don't know if I would have bought it without trying it out but now glad have it.
Couple of you said there was a quiet "mode"? Mine just clicks as it ratchets up. Just due to it being older or am I missing something? Looks just like the current ones.
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

The "quiet mode" is when you do not engage the anti reverse lever. If you choose to do it this way, make sure that you have a good grip on the handle at all times.

The clicking noise when the anti reverse mechanism is engaged is definitely a major negative for me, as I can't hear the trigger mechanism engage with it on. I believe Mission or some other Xbow company has an anti reverse mechanism that is fairly silent on their cocking device. Maybe one day excalibur will have this feature on the C2.