Speed chart!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Speed chart!!!

Post by warningshot »

Does anyone know the bolt drop at 40 and 50 yrds. I'm shoot diablos with 125 grain head and shooting the matrix 330, string is right on hash mark too, I am shooting a tru glo red dot. There are no speed charts for this model, thanks
xcaliber

Re: Speed chart!!!

Post by xcaliber »

I'm going to bump up some old instructions for setting the speed ring.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

warningshot wrote:Does anyone know the bolt drop at 40 and 50 yrds. I'm shoot diablos with 125 grain head and shooting the matrix 330, string is right on hash mark too, I am shooting a tru glo red dot. There are no speed charts for this model, thanks
With a single aim point, you'll need to make your own chart and it's really easy. I suggest a 30y zero, so that you'll be able to hold @ centre of kill zone and get a clean kill from 20-40.

Nobody is going to have a ballistic drop chart for your specific bow, there are way too many variables in play: limb deflection, brace height, string type and material, arrow spine, arrow weight...to name a few.

So you'll need to make your own and it'll be fun, because you'll be able to shoot multiple groups and learn your ballistic profile in the process. Zero at 30y, record how high your 5-arrow group is at 20y. Then shoot at 40y, using the 30y zero, record how low the group is at 40y, and do the same at 50y. (You might need to stack two targets for 50y). The data you'll collect from this will tell you your hold-over, or hold-under, from 20-50y.

Since your scope doesn't have adjustable magnification, there is no speed ring.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
IroquoisArcher

Post by IroquoisArcher »

I know Parker had one for their RedHot scopes. You needed to dial in the weight arrow and bow speed think it was and it gave you say a 20 yd. zero and then what the next stadia wires would be. Know this is a different Xbow and scope combo but maybe it will give a hint. Tried it to see how close it was when had my Parker Challenger and it was right on.
http://parkerbows.com/rhadc.html
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

ya i learned the hard way that the scopes and charts are just a tarting piont. i could not get my dead zone scope right for a week because it chronographed at 329 and i set the speed ring around there and was always low at 40 and 50.
once it was explained that not allthe scopes my not be calibrated i did the stack up targets and move the fifty triangle to the arrow. now i am dead on at 20 30 40 50. but my speed ring needed to be set at 350 to get me there even though the bow is way under that.