Feeder Feed Times

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Feeder Feed Times

Post by nchunterkw »

For those using deer feeders, when do you set them to go off? I had one area where deer would come to manually scattered corn, but when I put in small spin feeder they seemed to disappear? Had it going off at 7AM and 5PM. Thought about 1 longer duration at around noon......

Curious to see what y'all do.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Crazy Horse

Re: Feeder Feed Times

Post by Crazy Horse »

It may take them a while to get accustom to it. New racket in the area, they will adjust in time. When using a spin feeder,I usually feed right at daylight. It seems to me that when I spin in the evenings, they wait till after dark to come in and eat. :x
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

I have mine set about 30 mintues after sunrise and about 1hour before sunset. Like Crazy Horse said it might take them about to feel comfortable around it and you don't want them to show up in the dark either.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

They get accustomed to hearing it go off. I've seen them appear almost as soon as the spinner stops. If you have hogs in the area, I've seen them sleep under the feeder waiting for it to go off.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Sooner44

Post by Sooner44 »

Now that's hunting ! :)
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

ottawacats wrote:I have mine set about 30 mintues after sunrise and about 1hour before sunset. Like Crazy Horse said it might take them about to feel comfortable around it and you don't want them to show up in the dark either.
This is what I did and the pictures stopped. SO I thought feeding at noon - when they are not around, would be like me dumping corn. I'm going to manually throw some out and see what happens in this spot. I took it completely out about a week ago.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I am in a new area so I'll wait till after season to hang my spin feeder. By feeding all year, they will be plenty used to it by next season. Until then I'll keep putting it on the ground. I'm sure there is a pile of them coming in after dark. They will slip up sooner or later. lol