Missing part on Matrix 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RobD

Missing part on Matrix 330

Post by RobD »

I just received my brand-new Matrix 330 today, and I'm slightly bummed that it is missing one of the bolts and seating washer that holds the riser to the rail. I obviously can't shoot it in this condition. Can anybody give me a replacement size and source for it? I've got a Menards and Home Depot here in town. I tried calling Danny Miller (need a cheekpiece anyway), but I know he's a busy guy and he couldn't answer the phone.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Normous

Re: Missing part on Matrix 330

Post by Normous »

Ah darn, to get you started you need a riser to mainframe 5/16-18 x 1.75" bolt and one or two washers. Take the other one with you to Home Depot.
Danny is your best resource.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

It would be easier to help you out if you filled in your profile so we know where you are located. Someone might have an extra one laying around if they have recently installed the Dr Stirrup.
If you leave a message for Danny Miller he will return your call when he gets a couple minutes.

Ron.

PS... The 330 is an awesome little crossbow that will really grow on you :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
RobD

Post by RobD »

Ron - Thanks for pointing that out, I updated my profile. Usually I do that, don't know why I missed it here.

I took the bolt with me to Menards. I made sure I bought a Grade 8 bolt for the strength, but unfortunately I bought a caphead so it obviously isn't going to work. I'll go to Home Depot tomorrow and get something that will work, as well as get ahold of Dan so I have the legimiate bolt on there long-term. I just want to be able to get out into the woods this weekend with it and try it out.

So while I am wrenching the temporary bolt in tomorrow, I'll get to install the REDS and ADF on it as well.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

RobD

Post by RobD »

Bought a bolt and washer at Home Depot this morning, they only had stainless steel and it didn't specify a grade strength. But at least the bow is together and it allowed me to complete the setup of the bow.

The string was right up against the small ridge of the limbs. That string must have stretched like crazy since production. I think I put about 20-25 twists in the thing just to get it back to the mark on the rail. Then I think it took another 4 twists to get the 1/4" gap off the REDS bumpers. I'd hate to think what would have happened if somebody tried shooting this one out of the box! :shock:

Next on my list is to get ahold of DM. I'm hoping I can also buy an extra set of bolts and washers, since I can see these being the ones that get lost if/when the bow is taken apart.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

Normous

Post by Normous »

I just thought that I would mention it but recently Danny Miller and "Racking up Points" worked with Ti64, a custom high grade titanium manufacturer to provide Excalibur crossbow users a titanium hardware upgrade that does not rust and is lighter in weight.
copy/paste link:
http://www.ti64.com/category_s/110895.htm
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

I thought about that, but until my Axiom SMF sells the wallet is a little low on cash. Buying the M330, the REDS system, and the ADF have me feeling a little light. I'm already thinking of getting the DrStirrup package while it is still on promo. And a TriggerTech trigger is lusting in my head, but I want to shoot the Matrix first and see how it is from the factory.

Spoke with Danny earlier this morning and he's sending me a bolt and washer in the mail. He talked me out of the cheekpiece and said to get my butt to Ace Hardware for a bolt & washer so I can get into the woods tonight. Those that have talked to him probably can imagine how the conversation was styled! He had me listening so intently, I forgot to ask him the price of the TT units.

Now all I need is my package from Vixenmaster to show up and I'll be truly ready. And while I haven't even shot the bow yet, I gave my M330 a name... "Death's Kiss". Even got a label slapped on the side so everybody will know it. Hope she can live up to it. The Axiom never saw my woods, it was the teaser to get me practiced and ready for my first bow season.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

Normous

Post by Normous »

Danny is a walking Encyclopedia full of crossbow knowledge, and then some.
How far are you from the Windsor/Detroit bridge?
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

How far are you from the Windsor/Detroit bridge?
About a 2 hour and 15 minute drive.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I also have a Axiom SMF and like your's it's set up very nicely.

I bought mine and did all of this as a back-up hunting bow to my 355 should the need ever arrise, or if a friend or grandson should ask to use it to go share a hunting camp.

I have found it to be so nice and sweet to shoot that it's become my daily shooter.... A bow can be hard to replace $ wise once they are gone. :roll: Are you sure you want to sell it. :roll:

Gene :wink:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
RobD

Post by RobD »

Received my replacement bolt and washer today from Danny. If anybody happens to pop into his shop in the near future, please pass on my thanks to him for the excellent service.

I was able to shoot the Matrix for the first time yesterday (hoping to get into the blind this weekend). Dang thing was shooting way low and to the left. I lost 3 of the 4 bolts while sighting it in. First one went right into the adjacent firewood stack and snapped. Second one I had three sets of eyes on it and it disappeared somewhere into the ground. Third one was higher, but went shooting off into the woods downrange from the target. Noticed the arrow retention spring wasn't even close to touching the bolts. Pushed it down enough to touch and was able to complete the sighting with my final bolt.

Leaves me with 1 bolt to hunt with this, hopefully that is all I need! I've got another 6-pack coming from Amazon with Prime so they'll be here Tuesday. Local stores were out of Diablos, though if I get desperate before then I could get the 3-pack of luminoks at my Dunhams.

Which leaves me to a question: what's the proper gap for the spring? I searched the forum, and I saw of lot of 5/16th recommendations. At that gap, it doesn't touch the bolts. 1/4" just barely touches. Seems like it should be a little less, maybe enough to hold the bolt in-place when the bow is vertical?
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

Normous

Post by Normous »

I would bend the arrow retainer downward to a more favorable position. Some, including myself use a 1" - 1.5" piece of shrink wrap over the retainer end to quiet the ting sound somewhat.

I like to take my first shot with a new bow at 10 feet to get an initial POI assessment to prevent loosing arrows.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to hear your fasteners showed up but bummer to hear about your busted up arrows. I too do like Norm and take my first few shots at close range...15 feet or so and then work my way back to 20 yards. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads