Prejudices Against Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Re: Prejudices Against Crossbows

Post by R.J. »

Yep , hunt with what ever is legal in your archery season and enjoy the time outdoors ! Like many said here " you still have to get the deer within range " then get an arrow thru them with whatever archery tackle you are using !

As I get older I find I don't have much time for the naysayer's ! ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
the elf

Post by the elf »

Well said R.J.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Interesting article that explains a little of why there is a prejudice . The wealthy like the idea of fighting, just not the idea of getting killing by a mere peasant . :shock: :lol:
http://militaryhistorynow.com/2012/05/2 ... ieval-wmd/
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

R.J. wrote:Yep , hunt with what ever is legal in your archery season and enjoy the time outdoors ! Like many said here " you still have to get the deer within range " then get an arrow thru them with whatever archery tackle you are using !

As I get older I find I don't have much time for the naysayer's ! ...
Truth right there brother! As long as it's legal I don't give a hoot what the other hunters are using. I also don't care much about their thoughts on my implement of choice either. :wink:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Coon Gravy wrote:you can't eat antlers...
Never a truer statement, if'n it walks up on me and its legal objects of any velocity are going to be hurled at it!

Has far as hunting in a pin, Where's the story? . . .Where's the experience? to me (my wooden nickel) it ain't hunting.

My take on hunting . . .going to the woods/ camp, 3/4's the way there you forgot something. Eating food w/ a little hard wood smoke/ ashes in it :wink: telling stories/ lies of yesteryear hunts.

the fountain of youth . . .experiences may vary but my dad (70) turns into a 20 year old kid every hunting season. I myself feel the roll back at 47, yes it ends if we gotta drag one or dads arthritic hands can't pull down a deer hide while skin'n. but the thoughts and grin's are there. Hell . . .we all eat cattle shot in a pin . . . if you can do it, go ahead but the definition is "kill'n" not "hunt'n".

As far as the debate, vertical bow shooters vs horizontal, to each his own. not to say i haven't been looked down upon in a group discussion or "shoulder shrugged" in a archery shop. But when i slip an arra behind that fore leg and read the red trail to it's end find'n what i'm look'n for do i care what others think? . . . .nope.

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly