Matrix 405, All set ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rein1

Re: Matrix 405 another RMA

Post by rein1 »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I am not concerned what so ever. I just shoot and don't worry about it. As long as I maintain good arrow weight and brace height with consistent shooting procedures all will be good. If I ever had a problem the first thing I would do is call Dawn to have it looked after and refrain from posting my problems in the hunting section..

I just flung about 50 arrows from my Micro yesterday and everything is perfect with my bow..
I'm not the first or the last to post problems in the hunting section, I was hunting when this problem happen.I have own several Excalibur crossbows but have never had issues before .. I left a message for Dawn but she's super busy do to hunting season ..
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Don't know if y'all have seen it but David at Wyvern Creations has posted on his website that he will no longer sell the M-405 because of excessive limb breakage until they fix the problem. He is recommending the M-380 instead.[/quote]

I didn't see that , If that's the case good for Dave I'll give him credit
Buddyshort

Post by Buddyshort »

I saw that on Davids wed site. If you click on the 405 to buy the message comes up in bold letters. He said Excal was workin to fix the problem, also the limb issues would not justify the small increase in fps over 380. He reccomends the 380
Clover13

Post by Clover13 »

Does that mean Excalibur will be offering free replacement of existing limbs with these "new" limbs for the 405s?
rein1

Re: Matrix 405, All set ...

Post by rein1 »

Just talked to Dawn on the phone and my new scope is on the way from Woodys ... Ironic Dawn was reading my email when I called .. Anyway I hope the limb issue is taken care of soon , Excalibur has a reliable reputation and that's why I'm on my fourth..

Thanks everyone for your replies .,
donjose

Post by donjose »

rein1 wrote:I just bought this 405 4 weeks ago and already had to replace the limbs, Then yesterday the scope retical only lights up green no big deal I can still hunt so I put in another RMA

Well called Dawn on Monday and everything is all set , Woodys is sending me out a new scope ...
Question for you, how many shots and arrow weight before the limb issue. I only ask because I just ordered a 405 Saturday night should be here by end of week I hope.I am Starting to get nervous as a Chihuahua getting ready to crap a peach seed....
Matrix 405 Mega " Widow Maker "
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Question for you, how many shots and arrow weight before the limb issue. I only ask because I just ordered a 405 Saturday night should be here by end of week I hope.I am Starting to get nervous as a Chihuahua getting ready to crap a peach seed....[/quote]

Pardon the intrusion. I personally don't worry about limb failure in the least amount. It is literally the last thing on my mind. I shoot the snot out of mine and zero issues. Don't have a clue how many shots. I sleep very soundly knowing that if something goes wrong, the good people at Excalibur has got my back with a super fast turnaround. Can't say that about many companies these days. I don't have any extra limbs just in case either. Excal makes the best crossbows hands down across the board and they stand behind their product. Nope, not worried at all. Just my humble opinion.
donjose

Post by donjose »

Crazy Horse wrote:Question for you, how many shots and arrow weight before the limb issue. I only ask because I just ordered a 405 Saturday night should be here by end of week I hope.I am Starting to get nervous as a Chihuahua getting ready to crap a peach seed....
Pardon the intrusion. I personally don't worry about limb failure in the least amount. It is literally the last thing on my mind. I shoot the snot out of mine and zero issues. Don't have a clue how many shots. I sleep very soundly knowing that if something goes wrong, the good people at Excalibur has got my back with a super fast turnaround. Can't say that about many companies these days. I don't have any extra limbs just in case either. Excal makes the best crossbows hands down across the board and they stand behind their product. Nope, not worried at all. Just my humble opinion.

10-4 that is were i am at as well, even though mine hasnt arrived yet I was having buyers remorse over the limb problems. But I also understand that if there was a out of control issue that the 405 would be gone in Excalibur's Line and customers would be made whole.

Jason
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

I would not worry one bit. My 405 has thousands of shots with different arrow weights, arrows, strings, triggers, scopes, bolts heads, stirrups, quiver mounts and anything else you can think of and never a problem.
I currently shoot under 400gr total weight arrows as well.
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
donjose

Post by donjose »

Excal1 wrote:I would not worry one bit. My 405 has thousands of shots with different arrow weights, arrows, strings, triggers, scopes, bolts heads, stirrups, quiver mounts and anything else you can think of and never a problem.
I currently shoot under 400gr total weight arrows as well.

Yep I am going to rock it and not look back...
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
Clover13

Post by Clover13 »

While there is no question Excalibur will do the right thing and their customer service is top notch, I can speak from experience it's not a guarantee your hunts won't be impacted. I missed out on an opportunity to shoot a buck last year because my 405 was out of commission for 3.5 days due to the shipping from Canada and going over a weekend. It was the prime window where this buck showed himself in daylight and was my only opp at that buck all season. So it does and can happen, and while you may sleep soundly knowing their customer service is awesome...you may not sleep so well when that buck you're after shows up on cam and you have no crossbow to go after him with.

I'm happy to hear they are investigating they issues and hopefully determine a cause, whether user setup (from lack of information in the manual, i.e. brace height) or due to certain limb manufacturing flaws.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

My other 405 that I bought last yr for my youngest son he has never had a issue.I just believe once in a while you do get a bad product.Yea Excalibur warranty can't be beat , but when your into deer season on a hunting trip and things happen to the crossbow it pisses me off..

I wasn't concern prior to this and was bragging my 405 to everybody ..
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Question for you, how many shots and arrow weight before the limb issue. I only ask because I just ordered a 405 Saturday night should be here by end of week I hope.I am Starting to get nervous as a Chihuahua getting ready to crap a peach seed....[/quote]

I'm shooting the diablos that came with the crossbow , probably have around 50-60 shots..

I can be like others and tell you I never lost any sleep or worried about my 405.. And all the other blah, blah , blah .. Sure Excalibur has made whole of every issued I had. But crap doesn't happen until your out on that planned week long hunting trip. You can shot all day long and not have a issue but in my experience stuff doesn't happen until your depending on your crossbow to do the job.

I will continue to buy and use Excaliburs for several reasons , I'm sure they will get the issues figured out and customers made whole ..
Last edited by rein1 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donjose

Post by donjose »

rein1 wrote:Question for you, how many shots and arrow weight before the limb issue. I only ask because I just ordered a 405 Saturday night should be here by end of week I hope.I am Starting to get nervous as a Chihuahua getting ready to crap a peach seed....

I'm shooting the diablos that came with the crossbow , probably have around 50-60 shots..

I can be like others and tell you I never lost any sleep or worried about my 405.. And all the other blah, blah , blah .. Sure Excalibur has made whole of every issued I had. But crap doesn't happen until your out on that planned week long hunting trip. You can crap all day long and not have a issue but in my experience crap doesn't happen until your depending on your crossbow to do the job.

I will continue to buy and use Excaliburs for several reasons , I'm sure they will get the issues figured out and customers made whole ..[/quote]

Yep I understand I guess I will keep the Mission Dagger as back up until the limb issues are fixed
Hawke XB30 Pro
Black Eagle Zombie's
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Blah, blah, blah is right. Get some spare limbs for crying out loud! These threads have got so redundant, I will not look at another one. This one included. And by the way, I count on my 405 to do the job the most EVERY time I take it out, not when/if it it breaks. Any time you push the envelope, chances go up that something may go wrong whether it's crossbows, hot rods, reloading hot ammo, or whatever. It's the nature of the beast. If anything ever happens to my 405 or any other Excals I may own in the future, I will get it fixed and go on about my business. Go ahead and start slinging your swords about what I say - I don't care. I got thick skin anyway. Like I said, I'm done with these type of threads.

Jason, this was not intended for you. Enjoy your new Widow Maker and you said it right - don't look back.