mega 405 limb # mean nothing so you know

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

otisbrazwell

mega 405 limb # mean nothing so you know

Post by otisbrazwell »

my 405 is one bad wama jama plus now I have new limbs and a spear set..both sets look better than what came on kong they fit the riser better also..now for limb numbers for all that think higher numbers mean something..set that came on the bow were #95-94 ..warranty set from woody's # 49-49.5..set from canda #09-09 no speed lost bow screams with 425gr arrows..105 limbs wont shoot any better so that's all bs..as for turn around time woody's from the day I sent them until they came back 7 days..set from Canada [$90 shipped] 8 days both sets came with new strap bolts..i gota say dawn at Excalibur is top notch in my book..on top of that im getting to hunt a logging job that hasn't been hunted in years the oaks are 36" in diameter and 100 years old..lifes good ill be sitting in the deer woods with the 405 this weekend :D :D :D
wildcatter

Re: mega 405 limb # mean nothing so you know

Post by wildcatter »

Image now all you got a do is your part,,,, GET 'R' DONE,,,,, and remember,, we like bloddy pic's,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Good luck this weekend.. :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Steamnmad11

Post by Steamnmad11 »

New to forum , on here due to major problems with 405 limbs. On my 5th or 6th set in a month I lost track ! Notwithstanding one limb replacement last year. As I sit in my deer stand this set I see is now splintered . Limbs average 6 shots then either splinter horizontal or vertical. On two sets the limbs broke open on the cocking cycle in between anti dry fire and trigger set. Not new to crossbows. Is anyone else having this much limb failure ???????????
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

6 shots per set of limbs????
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
Steamnmad11

Post by Steamnmad11 »

Yes that is the average. 4 shots to resight. And a discharge at night after hunting .
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

I think I would ask Excalibur if they would send me a new riser to see if that helped after going through that many sets of limbs.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

hotdog wrote:I think I would ask Excalibur if they would send me a new riser to see if that helped after going through that many sets of limbs.
I agree. No one is that unlucky. I would send the whole front end back to get the riser checked. Hope you get to the bottom of this very perplexing problem.
Hank
Steamnmad11

Post by Steamnmad11 »

Have had different front ends. Doesn't make a difference. Will be driving to a warranty center with the whole bow sometime next week.
Excal1

Post by Excal1 »

What arrow weight are you using and what brace height do you prefer?
*** Matrix 405
*** Matrix 380
Hawke XB30
Hawke XB30 Pro
xcaliber strings
Boo strings
BE Executioner & Zombie

I can't believe that cop put me in the back seat when I clearly called shotgun.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

If I had back to back failures I'd be sending the entire rig back. I've never heard of anything like you're describing.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Steamnmad11

Post by Steamnmad11 »

Shooting Diablo with 150 grains. Brace height is now half inch up from bumpers.
craig412

Post by craig412 »

Ugh,
I just noticed one of the limbs on my 405 is splintering. I was hoping it was a fluke, but it seems I am not alone. I will say customer service is very very attentive and I appreciate that. I'm sure like many of you this happened right in the middle of the season, I have yet to take a deer with it so the timing couldn't be worse. I'm seriously thinking about buying a spare limb set just in case this happens mid hunt again. I really like the 405 and hope the company can improve the design so this does not become a recurring issue.
monstermash

Post by monstermash »

Steamnmad11 wrote:New to forum , on here due to major problems with 405 limbs. On my 5th or 6th set in a month I lost track ! Notwithstanding one limb replacement last year. As I sit in my deer stand this set I see is now splintered . Limbs average 6 shots then either splinter horizontal or vertical. On two sets the limbs broke open on the cocking cycle in between anti dry fire and trigger set. Not new to crossbows. Is anyone else having this much limb failure ???????????
Well maybe not quite that bad but this is the second year in a row that my son and I have had limb failures during our 2 weeks of stringed moose hunting season. Our hunt is short lived again this year. Very frustrating indeed. Ok CS is great but it's not like they're out at the hunt camp with us!!! I've contacted CS and waiting for a reply from Dawn. I have pics that I may post later today.....
I have a 405 and my son has a blackout 380.
Oh yeah, I don't need to put it through the torture test, they self destruct on their own :(
Matrix Mega 405
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

craig412 wrote:Ugh,
I just noticed one of the limbs on my 405 is splintering. I was hoping it was a fluke, but it seems I am not alone. I will say customer service is very very attentive and I appreciate that. I'm sure like many of you this happened right in the middle of the season, I have yet to take a deer with it so the timing couldn't be worse. I'm seriously thinking about buying a spare limb set just in case this happens mid hunt again. I really like the 405 and hope the company can improve the design so this does not become a recurring issue.
I've got a 405 and a 405+++ which is like your bow on steroids. It's a custom build. I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that there is NO design flaw with the riser. You can warranty the limbs and hopefully the new ones have been baked the correct amount of time.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.