Help me pick...Micro vs 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cumberlandxbow

Help me pick...Micro vs 380

Post by cumberlandxbow »

Ok guys....need some help. I will be selling my aluminum rail Axiom after the season and upgrading (if takers are out there let me know!). I am down to the Micro and 380. I mix up my hunting with some on the ground and some in the treestand. I like the feel and compactness of the Micro but also like the horsepower of the 380 to be able to stretch the effective range a bit. Draw weight is no issue. Prefer the illuminated scope on the 380 but like the reticle on the Micro

Went to two archery stores tonight and loved them both. Help me make up my mind.
xcaliber

Re: Help me pick...Micro vs 380

Post by xcaliber »

It's a wash, two great bows, the Micro ifin it fits your physical abilities is the best option.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I like them both but fer diff reasons. If'en my shots be 50 yds n under my vote goes to the Micro. If'en you need to reach out the 380 is yer Huckleberry :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

vixenmaster wrote:I like them both but fer diff reasons. If'en my shots be 50 yds n under my vote goes to the Micro. If'en you need to reach out the 380 is yer Huckleberry :)
Mr. Mike you jus gotta stretch the barrel on one! :wink: :lol:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
SEW

Post by SEW »

As Mike said, they each have different strengths. The 380 is definitely a longer range xbow. I've never wished I couldn't shoot this far.
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

I was in your situation and chose the 380. Not a micro but way smaller than my equinox.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I honestly feel like the 380/405 are in a class by themselves , If you hunt alot of open areas I recommend the 380 . If you have to hike long distances and hunt thick areas maybe a Micro would serve you better . I've never felt like my 380 was too big or awkward while in a stand or blind . 380 gets my vote !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
cumberlandxbow

Post by cumberlandxbow »

Had a little help making a choice tonight. ..had a big 10 point come in to about 15 yds (too close). Tried to maneuver my axiom for a shot and clanked the limb on my stand...end of hunt. My 10 year old daughter was with me and said that if I had a Micro we would have killed it!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

cumberlandxbow wrote:Had a little help making a choice tonight. ..had a big 10 point come in to about 15 yds (too close). Tried to maneuver my axiom for a shot and clanked the limb on my stand...end of hunt. My 10 year old daughter was with me and said that if I had a Micro we would have killed it!
LOL

There you guy my friend. Go micro or go home with no deer.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

cumberlandxbow wrote:Had a little help making a choice tonight. ..had a big 10 point come in to about 15 yds (too close). Tried to maneuver my axiom for a shot and clanked the limb on my stand...end of hunt. My 10 year old daughter was with me and said that if I had a Micro we would have killed it!
I use an Exomax and have never had a problem with it but it is cumbersome in the Ground Blind or Tree Stand. I've decided to sell it after hunting season and buy a Micro 335. The decrease in width should make it a lot easier to manage while hunting.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

ko4nrbs wrote:
I use an Exomax and have never had a problem with it but it is cumbersome in the Ground Blind or Tree Stand. I've decided to sell it after hunting season and buy a Micro 335. The decrease in width should make it a lot easier to manage while hunting.

Bill
Ah, will reduce the wing span by 11" :)
You won't lose much in speed if'en you get the Nitemare at 335 fps, of which seems to shoot 5-11 fps faster than the Camo model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
fellas2

Post by fellas2 »

Live a little and buy them both, that's what I did. Honestly, I outfitted the 380 with and HHA Optimizer and Burris 1-6 scope and use it primarily early am or daylight when I can see the dial, then switch to the Micro equipped with the Tact Zone for the evening low light hunts with the illuminated reticle. I do like the Micro for hunting from a ground blind though, three years ago the width of my Exomax cost me a beauty of an 8 point when the limb hit the inside corner of the blind when I shot. The limb put a hole in the blind and the bolt went about 15 yards and the buck trotted off. I swore after that it would never happen again so I went to the Micro and the Primos Double Bull blind for the extra room.