Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ontario Bow Hunter

PETA get's slap in the face.....

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/OttawaSun ... 96169.html

Sun, August 22, 2004

PETA billboard refused

By CP

ST. JOHN'S, NFLD. -- An animal-rights group says a Newfoundland ad firm has refused to put up a billboard equating eating hamburgers with child abuse. A billboard proposed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals featured a chubby-faced child about to eat a hamburger and carried the tag line: Feeding kids meat is child abuse.

PETA decided to erect the billboard in St. John's after a recent Memorial University study reported alarming levels of obesity in Newfoundland preschoolers.

The animal-rights group was told through its booking agent that it was "not going to be able to place this board -- feel free to submit something different," PETA campaign co-ordinator Matt Rice said in a telephone interview from Norfolk, Va.

PETA officials tried by phone and e-mail to find out a reason for the decision, but didn't receive a response, Rice said.

E.C. Boone handles billboard placements in St. John's for booking agencies.

Company president David Boone could not be reached for comment.
Spring

Post by Spring »

Wow!

Trust the Newfies to feel obliged to be politically correct. Bravo to whoever it was who rightly pointed out that this billboard is alittle over the top and not appropriate in their community.

PETA has an "in your face" mentality where they bully their way anywhere they want to go. Nice to see folks subtly stand up to them.

I wish the rest of the country would follow their example.

Cheers!
Spring

Post by Spring »

The first line of my previous post should have read "Trust the Newfies not to feel obliged to be politically correct".

Kinda gives that line the meaning I wanted. Sorry about the poor editing.

Cheers!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Excellent!
Xbow Hunter

Post by Xbow Hunter »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote: We want to keep topics on this forum to relate to crossbows, crossbow hunting and crossbow shooting. Thank you.

Kath T.
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Should you have to register to reply to posts?
YES - anonynomus "guests" can create arguments designed to cause hard feelings.
88% [ 56 ]
NO - anyone should be able to comment anonymously.
11% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 63
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I guess those idiots would rather see those kids starve to death. Last time I checked NFLD's industry was by far based on natural resources (fishing!). There isn't a lot of agricultural land on the rock either. These people have been living off those resourcs for hundreds of years, so it didn't surprise me to hear them telling PETA to get lost. :wink:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!