Need opinions on Ruger 44 mag..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ontario Bow Hunter

Need opinions on Ruger 44 mag..

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Looking at buying one for deer season. Will be in a lot of bush so considering the Ruger 44 mag. If anyone can provide some opinions, that would be great.

Thanks,
CS
chessy

Post by chessy »

i have one in the semi bought it new two years ago it is a fine rifle for doggen or in tight spots .. the semi had a problem with there clips but that has been solved ... i have shot deer out to 118 lazerd yards,clean pass through with a 240 grain bullet . if you live near port hope area and want to shoot a semi before you buy one just buy a couple of boxes of cheap 44mag bullets and come down for a mornign or afternoon shoot i have lots of proporty that i can shoot on.... mine is topped with a 2-7 scope as well and i have no problem finding deer in the scope
claude

Post by claude »

my friend has an older one with hot reloads that little monster kicks
worse than my 458
pdislow

ruger 44

Post by pdislow »

hey i had one 20 + years ago called a carbine i think great little gun in thick woods. i bought it used and it turned out to be a single shot about half the time. but one shot is about all i ever needed and on deer there was no tracking needed. hopefully they feed better now than then . i didnt keep it but a few years and traded it in. philip
thanks philip
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

Bought a brand new Ruger 44 mag carbine today at Eganville gun show. Even shot it 4 times today. 50 yards and it was deadly with Win 240 grain. Think I'm gonna love it.

Thanks guys.
A.W

Post by A.W »

I have had a Ruger 44 mag carbine for about 20 years now. Got my first deer with it. Great little bush gun that just sits nice and cumfortable in your hand while trudging through the bush. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
terry-1

44mag

Post by terry-1 »

I have a Marlin 44mag lever action with 16 carbine barrel and forward scout rail and trijicon dot sight. I have bagged several deer with it with 240gr federal Hyro shocks. Normally the bullet always passes through with a lung shot. I took one deer at a 115 yards but most shots were like 30 yards.