Murphs g strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Murphs g strings

Post by ComfyBear »

just maybe with a little input this gary will have the same kind of reputation building endless loop strings .im sure he has no plans on stepping on boos toes by building flemish strings .
X2
I agree, there are many makers of EL strings, and many more users who have great success using them.

Personally I prefer Flemish Twist strings and for good reason, first I feel that they are superior in overall performance, and second because I make my own, which not only serve me well, but also others who have used them.

That I choose not to make many to sell is yet another story.
Perhaps it's due to, what my signature states: "He is served well he who serves himself." :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
munch

Post by munch »

ComfyBear wrote:
just maybe with a little input this gary will have the same kind of reputation building endless loop strings .im sure he has no plans on stepping on boos toes by building flemish strings .
X2
I agree, there are many makers of EL strings, and many more users who have great success using them.

Personally I prefer Flemish Twist strings and for good reason, first I feel that they are superior in overall performance, and second because I make my own, which not only serve me well, but also others who have used them.

That I choose not to make many to sell is yet another story.
Perhaps it's due to, what my signature states: "He is served well he who serves himself." :wink:
lou aarons going to be mad if you quit .least you can do is give him a heads up so he can order before you retire .bought him a 458 to bear hunt this year but he took the phoenix and your last string you gave him and a big john executioner. gary sent me 3 strings as a favor and i appreciate that. to be honest with you ive made several guys jigs that all want me to shot their strings but i dont shot enough to try them all. i still make string for older bows but think only 2 in the last year
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Terry, I've been making flemish twist strings for over 11 years now, and unless my fingers don't work I will continue to make them for myself. It's just that I don't have the desire or inclination to make them to sell.

If the truth be known, in the last couple of years I believe I've given more strings away than I've sold. When I've sold them it was just to help defray some of the cost of the materials.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
jrhunter

Post by jrhunter »

Murphs G-strings are the bomb! Fast, quieter, and more acurate. His string is right up their at the top with the flemish strings
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

jrhunter wrote:Murphs G-strings are the bomb! Fast, quieter, and more acurate. His string is right up their at the top with the flemish strings
Now that is a quality post!
More accurate.. LOL. OK.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Not following, and no intension of trying. I am not promoting Don, I am promoting quality. Don just happens to be the man that made my strings. My post count accumulated in my learning days, most were questions, not statements, 10 years ago.
Gary is a back patter, his posts are all about him, nothing more. Every post starts with "look at me!", and when that doesn't work he does " I just want to thank xxx for letting me help". I don't doubt he is a good guy, not at all. But true craftsmen make something, and sit back, Gary has yet to sit back.
Terry, this isn't personal man, not at all, I know you know him well, and that is great, but his continuous self back patting gets old. He has a used car salesman feel to him, every post is a commercial. His strings may be good, and that is great, but his desire to be in the spotlight wears on a guy.
and that is 6001 posts, if your counting, and apparently, you are.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
jrhunter

Post by jrhunter »

Pydpiper wrote:post
Dude you obviously need to learn how to try something before you put it down, why don't you try a murph string for a change. They are way better than the factory strings I've used!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I make a "wheelie accurate" string. But sorry as I don't sell em. Who makes a non accurate string? I would like to buy one. Then I would have an excuse at a bowshoot. :wink:
greentag

Post by greentag »

i had never heard of this Gary or his G strings,learn something new every day,if i did'nt love the flemish strings so much i would'nt care to give em a try though,they do look good.i always liked G strings on girls,just never tried one on my bow.as far as the original poster goes,if you found something that works good for you thats all that matters,everyone is going to be parcial to whatever they use,human nature i guess.thanks for posting it though,im sure theres people out there like me who had not seen those yet and some prefer an endless loop and if its a good one than you may have helped someone out.
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I seen a review on the AXE 340 and the fella replaced his with a Murph string so thought I would try em since I am use to the JBK strings Wyvern’s sells and really like those.So recently purchased a couple from Gary and he makes a very nice string :thumbup: He has several colors and will make whatever combo colors you want. 8)
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

Received my boo string in the mail today. Looks great I can't wait to try it out. Took only 2 to 3 weeks :thumbup: