Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: Wyvern's Creations Rocks!

Post by agingcrossbower »

David is a great dealer and will take care of you for sure. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Dan all jestin aside i have heard n read they are a top quality crossbow :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I know you're bustin my chops Mike. :lol: :lol: I have been intrigued by the Kodabow models for a while, before the Scout came out actually. Just a bit crazy about the Excals too! :roll:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, everything is going to be here today except the Scout! :shock:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Finally got it, and put it together. Here is the scoop from my perspective starting with the likes. Now, I have only about 12 shots on it, and have not chronographed it yet, or shot past 12 yards.
Build & fit are solid, the machining is done to very close tolerances, and everything fits well. Accuracy seems to be very good, at this distance rock throwing is too, but you can tell it goes where you aim. It is adjustable, so that is a big plus as well. The trigger is crisp, and the auto engage safety is a nice feature as well as the internal ADF.
Things I'm on the fence about so far.
It takes a bit of getting used to where cocking is concerned. You have to do sort of a double pull to cock it correctly, and cocking it incorrectly is not too difficult, don't ask me how I know that! :lol:
The stock is a bit noisy because it is hollow plastic, and has some clearance that allows some movement. It is very adjustable, and i think the rattling is pretty low issue anyway. It seems that the cocking path goes over the levers for the auto safety, and ADF lever, which is odd. It also takes some getting used to.
Decocking is a bit harder, and you better have a good hold on the handles, again, don't ask me how I know about that! :roll: It is heavy, but not off balance, we'll see when I walk a mile or so with it, and my 25# treestand, and backpack on my backside. :wink:

In summary, I like it a lot, it is a huge difference from the Excalibur bows, and if you are considering one, try one first! It hits hard, and I like the minimum movement required to change strings.I like the split limb design, and the vertical positioning option of the fore end. It holds real nice. It is a bit loud, but I was shooting in the garage, don't think it would hinder hunting whitetails at average bow ranges. I did order a cocking crank, not for the lack of power, but like I said, there is a learning curve. If you leave the fore end in the vertical position, it will rough up your knee when cocking, don't ask me how know that either! :lol:
Looking forward to shooting more, and will hunt with it when I'm used to it a bit more, probably next fall!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Dan a big Congratulations on the new bow... I know you have been "Chompin' at the Bit " for it.
With your very limited time with it, and based on first impressions, If a guy could only choose one $ wise what would be your suggestion compared to your stable of Excal's ? :?:

Gene

:lol: :lol: :lol: I never thought to ask, but say a big 12-14 point ( you guys count em funny ) at 35-40 yards from your tree stand.... knowing you have had extensive experience with different bows and models, which bow do you think you want up the tree for the shot ?
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Right now, my 355, no doubt!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Me too... there's a good reason the 355 is leading the "Best Matrix Model ? " post :lol:

Gene :wink:
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Congratulations Dan. You seem to be getting to know all the ins and outs of that bow pretty darn quick "don't ask me how I know that". :lol:
Where are the pics?
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'll get some up soon. Heading out of town in about an hour with the family. Going up to Chi Town for the evening! Heck, I just realized, three ladies getting ready, I'm out of hot water anyway, and have PLENTY of time to get ready! :lol: :lol:

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... 3.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... 1.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... y.jpg.html]Image

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... v.jpg.html]Image
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

very nice! from what little i see in the pics it looks well thought out . . can't wait for reports!
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:very nice! from what little i see in the pics it looks well thought out . . can't wait for reports!
-ken
It is Ken, but if I get one point across it is that you cannot compare these to Excalibur bows, it would be apples and oranges. Not saying that one is better than the other, but ease of use goes to Excalibur for now. :wink: That is my honest assessment.