Black Eagle Arrow Helical?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carey

Black Eagle Arrow Helical?

Post by Carey »

Considering BE Executioner purchase. Been reading about extreme helical for best accuracy and using Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt to get extreme helical. What helical does the Executioner have when purchased from Black Eagle? Can I buy Executioner 18 inch with extreme helical from Black Eagle? Will I have to buy bare shafts and fletch from scratch?
TheBig1

Re: Black Eagle Arrow Helical?

Post by TheBig1 »

There's a lot of amazing arrow makers on here who can build them to your specifications.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The stock arrows from Black Eagle are straight vanes. If you buy raw shafts, they come 20" or 22" from Black Eagle, so you may need to trim them depending on your preferred length.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

Helical stabilizes larger broadheads better, while offset does better with small broadheads and most expandibles. Helical also causes more drag at the back of the arrow necessating a higher FOC. Helical isn't necessarily more accurate. That said, a fairly heavy FOC and helical can be very accurate at the cost of trajectory.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Jerry at southshore Archery can darn near get as much helical as the Arizona Bolt jig does ! I had him build me a dozen awhile back and mentioned i would like as much helical as the Bolt and to my surprise he done it ! I usually do my own and use the Bolt Jig but was busy with Strings and didn't have the time . Check him out !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Carey wrote:Considering BE Executioner purchase. Been reading about extreme helical for best accuracy and using Arizona EZ Fletch Bolt to get extreme helical. What helical does the Executioner have when purchased from Black Eagle? Can I buy Executioner 18 inch with extreme helical from Black Eagle? Will I have to buy bare shafts and fletch from scratch?
Carey, I must have misunderstood your questions. If you're looking to buy arrows that are finished, and want custom made, SSAS, or Jerry would be a good choice. Stock finished Black Eagles will not be helixed.
Carey

Post by Carey »

I guess I want it all! Broadhead accuracy is my #1 objective with a cutting width of maybe 1 1/2 inch maybe the muzzy or or the widest slick tricks. Have never shot mechanical but would consider the Swacker 2 inch 2 blade. Can I do it all and if so how? What is the best compromise for my broadhead objective? The American way is to 'want it all' ya know.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Carey wrote:I guess I want it all! Broadhead accuracy is my #1 objective with a cutting width of maybe 1 1/2 inch maybe the muzzy or or the widest slick tricks. Have never shot mechanical but would consider the Swacker 2 inch 2 blade. Can I do it all and if so how? What is the best compromise for my broadhead objective? The American way is to 'want it all' ya know.
Swacker has a 125 grn. 2 1/4 " in. cut, they fly w/ great accuracy, and do a lot of damage,,,,, :) Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, stock Black Eagles in Executioners or Zombie Slayers have killed a lot of deer, turkey, and hogs, I think you'll be fine with them at hunting distances. :wink:

Post by newbie »

xcaliber wrote:Well, stock Black Eagles in Executioners or Zombie Slayers have killed a lot of deer, turkey, and hogs, I think you'll be fine with them at hunting distances. :wink:
X2 especially with swhackers or low profile mechanicals.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carey

Post by Carey »

If I want fixed broad heads as my primary choice would you still say straight fletched is ok out to 40 yards?
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

I shoot 20" Black Eagle Executioners with the 3 inch vanes, straight offset (factory). I also shoot 18" & 20"BEEs with 2 inch Blazers with helical (custom). 2 inch or less groups at 60 yards. 1 inch or less at 40 yards. In my 355 it doesn't seem to matter.

I am in the process of trying an 18" Executioner custom made by Jerry at South Shore. 2 inch Blazer, offset helical. So far I've had groups under 1/2 inch at 40 yards.

Jerry makes a great arrow as does Dave Wyvern @ Wyvern Creations.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Black Eagle factory arrows either.

Yes, I'm sold on Black Eagle
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

The helical sure helps stabilize. But keep in mind it slows down your FPS with the increased drag. I really don't noticed a change in poi VS straight or offset, until shooting out further than 40 yards. Speed really starts dropping after.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
Wisc Mac

Post by Wisc Mac »

I'm shooting spine indexed BE Zombie Slayers with 2" Blazers fletched with the Arizonia EZ Fletch Helix, and capped with the 2.25" shwacker. I'm 3 of 4 with the setup. No idea what happened on the 4th. The shot sound "different", but seemed quieter than a normal shot, and not loader like a partial dry fire or like a notch failure. Never did find the arrow and keep looking ever time I was out hunting. The other 3 shots were dead on and the Shwacker was devisating. First 2 double lunged and sliced the heart. This years double lunged and took the aorta off the top of the heart. Only complaint has been a lack of blood trail. 1st with the Shwacker looked like someone painted a 4" red stripe 35 yards to the doe. Both my bucks had zero blood trail, but first dropped in 40 yards. This years made it about 100 yards even though I found a chunk of the aorta by the arrow. Both cases, the was a huge exit wound and the chest cavity was full of blood. But nothing on the ground.
Matrix 380 Xtra
Winchester Model 94
Benelli SBE II
Carey

Post by Carey »

Question deleted