improving an excalibur?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

improving an excalibur?

Post by dw »

if you could pick 1 improvement that you would like to see on your excalibur what would it be? i would like to seee an anti dryfire mechanism. i have used the tenpoint crossbows and the anti dryfire on them is as simple as it gets. it works very well also. just my thoughts.
"dw" :roll:
forgot to mention, i don't think there is much else to improve on!
"you gotta love it"
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

dw, I like the idea of an anti dry fire mechanism, but as I shoot an exocet I like to uncock it by hand instead of shooting an old bolt. My friend has a ten point and he has to shoot and old bolt to unload it. However his bow also has an auto safety so as soon as you cock the bow the safety is on. This IMHO may be a good safety improvemnt :?: :?:
enjoy the woods
Doug
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Nicer, quieter stock, possibly plastic with rubber overmolded like a Hogue rifle stock.

RH and LH versions with a Monte Carlo cheek swell.

Mike
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Red Label wrote:Nicer, quieter stock, possibly plastic with rubber overmolded like a Hogue rifle stock.

Mike
Geee's what one learns, you say they make a rifle stock of plastic with overmolded rubber :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
striper

Post by striper »

Quickshot: I would really like an anti-dry fire mechanism. Many of us have handicaps and cannot uncock the bow by hand, anyway. I really don't see any problem uncocking with an old bolt. If anyone is short, I will send them one. I used one old bolt all season last year, and will probably use it again this year, Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

You may think this is crazy, butttttt....... I would like to see the Xbow redesigned totally. Instead of having the limbs go horizontal, build them like a compound vertical bow. Have the limbs just like stick bows, straight up and down.

This would enable you to shoot better from a tree stand, without worrying about whacking a limb and propeling you on top of your corn pile. It would also be easier to stalk and still hunt.

When transporting the bow, it would be slung on your shoulder the same way, but instead of having the limbs running at right angles to your body like you see now (hooking branches and trees) the bow would break almost to the end of the rail, therefore the limbs would be pointing forward and backward over and above your shoulder. This would make it easier for transportation in the field. It may be a little hard to picture.

The bow would then be called, EXOGREYOWL.

Are you listening Bill + Kathy.

Grey Owl
Last edited by GREY OWL on Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terry-1

terry-1

Post by terry-1 »

I would like to see it 6 inches shorter left to right and thats about all I would ask. Until they start doing that I will just keep on using my Exocet and Vixen as is. P.S I don't what a dry fire safey. I like being able to let my Crossbows down without having to fire a bolt everytime. If there's no bolt in the crossbow and I am not letting it down I don't pull the trigger no dry fire saftey no problem!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Quickshot wrote:dw, However his bow also has an auto safety so as soon as you cock the bow the safety is on. This IMHO may be a good safety improvemnt :?: :?:
My Wolverine had an automatic saftey, but I always checked the safety on the Wolverine as it didn't engage maybe once in a hundred shots. This may be the reason Excalibur went to the manual safety. If you engage the manul safety you know its on. I believe it is an automatic safety step into the past.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Red Label wrote:Nicer, quieter stock, possibly plastic with rubber overmolded like a Hogue rifle stock.

Mike

Would a can of spray on bed liner or rockeranel rubberized paint do the trick? If my stock wasn't already painted I would try it. But I could try painting the foot stirrup as I find that too noisy if any twig or branch comes in contact with it.
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

GaryL wrote:Geee's what one learns, you say they make a rifle stock of plastic with overmolded rubber :?:
GaryL,

I just ordered one of these for my .338 out of Lock, Stock & Barrel. It has the full length aluminum bedding channel as well.....I should have it next week.

http://www.getgrip.com/main/overview/overmolded.html
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks Red Label for that link and the info. I liked what I read "extremely quiet" plus alot more. Do Image I will check out the possibilities of a rubber coated stock. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Reducing noise

Post by Guest »

Do you guys think a good thin coat of the polyurethane truck bed liner coating sprayed on the bedding area of the stock would dampen the sound :?:
If so would this stuff harm the Excalibur stock in any way?
Two of the pro shops that apply the spray on bed liners are located not
too far from me. Just a thought.
GaryL

Re: Reducing noise

Post by GaryL »

Anonymous wrote:Do you guys think a good thin coat of the polyurethane truck bed liner coating sprayed on the bedding area of the stock would dampen the sound :?:
If so would this stuff harm the Excalibur stock in any way?
Two of the pro shops that apply the spray on bed liners are located not
too far from me. Just a thought.
No I do not think so as the polyurethane will harden, a good one might be Plastidip which comes in a dip or spray, won't crack, chip or peel. Insulates, and cushions.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
steelyman

Re: crossbow improvments

Post by steelyman »

I think the excaliburs design is flawless, the reason for a manual safety is because they are MUCH more reliable than an auto safety, and considering excalibur doesn't waste precious firepower by having unnessesary let-off resulting in the 225lb draw being right at the latch, I trust the manual saftey. For all Exomax owners- for heven's sake DO NOT unload the bow with your hand unless you want your fingers ripped off!
brendan

Post by brendan »

I like some of the ideas. I have like the anti dryfire mechanism(i have destroyed a set of limbs that way) but its a bit like blaming the bow for my mistake. The Greyowlmax is an interesting idea but you couldn't shoot from a prone position.
I would like an excaliber accessory. Factory Bipod.