Momma Scores Opening Day of Gun Season,,,, woo, woo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Momma Scores Opening Day of Gun Season,,,, woo, woo

Post by wildcatter »

Today was opening day of gun season here, and with mild temps talked my wife into going, she don't last long when it's cold and at 32* for start time with 40's before 10 am she said ok, but had to be home by noon to go to work. I set her in the little ground stand and set behind her under my treestand. I have been having deer on me every day for the last 2 weeks since Indy gun season came in. I have about 4 small 8's that been showing up a lot, and plenty of doe. Usually I been havin deer in by 8am, and usually anywhere from 8 to as many as 13 every morning, really thought I would have her set up quick, and then I could go hit the river,,, but that didn't happen.

I really thought she wasn't even going to get a shot, and she was starting to get antsy, and telling me we should just go and maybe try again later this week. So finally at 10:45 I said ok, I have had deer under me every morning in this stand, but I got up and took the gun from her and just as I turned to set against the tree and help her up,,,,, she said wait,, is that a deer,,,, so I turned and looked and sure enough, a doe came just over the crest of the field and into view,,, so I got down on my knee, handed her the shotgun back and when I looked back up there was another,,, then she said look a buck,,,

Oh ya one of the smaller 8's was hot on that second doe, wind was right and I tried to tell her just be calm and let em keep com'in,,, and keep the scope on the buck when they get close and broadside I said I'll stop em but you gotta shoot as soon as they stop,,,,,, she did great, I aint sure I even got done with the maaa when she shot, it startled me it was so quick, and a mule kick 3 or 4 attempts at running steps and he was down,, it was so cool I looked at her to give her a high five and ,,,, panic city,,,,,,HE"S UP!!! I looked and sure enough he got up and was trying to take off but was have'n trouble, before I could say he's done,,,,,Bang she dumps another this time at his ars...... I tell her don't don't shoot again, but to late,,, there goes the last shot,,, and that one was a miss. But she was wired, and there was no way she was lett'n her prize get away..... Finally I took the gun and told her, don't worry he's done he'll go down any second,,,,,, any second,,,, any second,,,, dang a tough dude. she was panic'n and he tops over the crown in the field and she is really get'n on me now, go do something,,, he's gona get away,,,, It was so cool she was really juiced!!

So I told her come on let's go get him he's going down,,,,,,, that was when she said "he better"!!! "you could have shot him before he got away",,, and I couldn't help but laugh as I assured her yet again don't worry dear he's going to die, but you don't want to make hamburger out of him. I love it usually when I take her,,, she will only go during gun, or late season at my buddies cause his wife hunts all the time and they do there thing while we go do ours. But when we get over the crest in the field there he laid,, and she was happy then. So now she is really pumped, she usually gets a doe, and now getting a buck, I really got some brownie points!!

I was starting to think she wasn't gonna get chit this morning and couldn't believe we didn't see all the deer I had been seeing, but with that big ole ceiling light on all night and still overhead when you get in the stand, I think their going to bed earlier,,, but all is good in catters world, mamma is on cloud nine,, and I scored after taking her home and getting her deer on the gambrel, I got me a nice fat momma doe just before sundown tonight, and let a pretty tempting 8 walk,,, he was awful close to gett'n my Buck tag, but I decided to hold off, I think that big one is still in the area,,,, but them doe are fall'n now, if they aint yearlings, there freezer stuffer's,,,,,,,, IT'S FREEZER FILL"N TIME!!!! Image

Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
j.krug

Re: Momma Scores Opening Day of Gun Season,,,, woo, woo

Post by j.krug »

Woo Woo indeed! Congrats to Momma on a good hunt. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Congrats ! Good Times !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
munch

Post by munch »

great job .been nice to video her reaction we could have sold that on americas funniest videos .im surprised you did not get hit
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
wabi
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

LOL That's a great story Cat! It's good to hear how excited she got.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

munch wrote:great job .been nice to video her reaction we could have sold that on americas funniest videos .im surprised you did not get hit
I may have had I been wrong about him going to go down! That and maybe would have had to be careful what I ate for a while,,,,, :wink:

It is cool to see here score, even when she's see's deer she reminds me of when I first started hunting. You would think as excited as she get's I could get her to go more often, but as long as she wants me to even when I go south for a week or 2 at a time, I can live with that.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Congrats to you both.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats to her!! on the buck and you on the doe!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

Congrats!! That's awesome.
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Great story !
A big congratulations on both of the harvest !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Congrats to mama and you for freezer fillin :D
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

:) Same post on AT.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Double congrats to y'all on the nice deer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

I love the story. It's a good thing you got the shotgun before she said "he better be down". No telling where the next lead would have been headed! LOL :D