Diablo bolts and Swhacker broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jpen

Diablo bolts and Swhacker broadheads

Post by jpen »

I hunt with a Grizzly and would like to know your opinion on using this combo? Does anyone here use this bolt with a expandable and is so which one? And how has your penetration been?
Livtahunt

Re: Diablo bolts and Swhacker broadheads

Post by Livtahunt »

I used Swhacker the past two or three years, 125 grain, but switched to Rage this year because I wanted to shoot a 100 grain head and still have a 2.25" cutting diameter. After harvesting two deer with the Rage I will not shoot another. I never had an issue with the Swhacker out of my Equinox. I'm going give the NAP Kilzone a try and if I do not like it I will be going back to Swhacker.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
greentag

Post by greentag »

ive always shot the swackers on a black eagle executioner,they are the most accurate i could come up with and i aint never had a problem with them,the little bands are tough,i even shoot them through the mesh out of a blind all the time at turkeys,and when doing this as long as i have kept my shots inside of 40 they have always been spot on,i did miss one at 50 once i dont know if the mesh caused it or just me but it gave me a second shot and i got it.they are hard on arrows when they open,if you dont file some of the back off the little wings, 8 out of 10 times they will put a small crack on the shaft,but if you file them they dont,sometimes i will and some times i dont worry about it,to me 7 dollars for an arrow is an alright price to pay to get what im after.
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

Wife shoots the swhackers the pink ones to be exact.. An ill say this if I ever decide to shoot a different head besides my grim reapers..swhacker will be the head i use..
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
wvnitroman

Post by wvnitroman »

This was my first year using a crossbow. I bought a new Matrix 355 and used the factory Diablo's and 125 gr. Swhackers. I shot two deer and was totally amazed by the blood trail and quick kill. They shoot great and seem really durable. I don't see me shooting anything else in the near future. :D
Carrbomb

Post by Carrbomb »

I use 100 grain shwackers with my vortex, 125 gr with diablos from my 405. Both work beautifully and have killed 24 deer and two turkeys with no lost animals. The ONLY problem I've seen with them is IF the head doesn't go through the opposite side of the deer, you can have little blood trail because the entrance holes aren't (by design) very large. I've only had this happen twice, one on a gigantic bodied buck and once on another buck I shot at 42yards (both were with my vortex). Both animals died within 40 yards, but there was almost no blood trail.