Did Excalibur sell out to ten point

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Richieg150

Did Excalibur sell out to ten point

Post by Richieg150 »

I was told today by a owner of a archery shop, that Excalibur has sold out to ten point. This is new to me if it in fact true. Is he right on Excalibur being sold or is he mistaken?
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
otisbrazwell

Re: Did Excalibur sell out to ten point

Post by otisbrazwell »

bowtech ?
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

otisbrazwell wrote:bowtech ?
He told me ten point, he said the same who bought out Horton, I'm just asking if what he told me has any truth to it.
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Not real sure I like their present association with Bowtech? But think I may like one with 10 point even less....It can't be too good if or when your bought up by your main competition.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
GRUNDY

Post by GRUNDY »

Doubtful, I hope not. I'm not too keen on them being bought out by Bowtech, or whatever investment firm owns Bowtech.

B
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters
galamb

Post by galamb »

Richieg150 wrote:
He told me ten point, he said the same who bought out Horton, I'm just asking if what he told me has any truth to it.
His facts are a little cloudy.

Horton was originally a British company. Rick Bednar began as a distributor of Horton in the US in the early 1980's. In 1985 he convinced the parent company to move it's operations to the US and he became the COO for the company.

He left Horton in 1991 because of a dispute over the direction the company should take and along with an Easton Arrow distributor formed "Hunter's Manufacturing" which eventually changed their name to Trophy Ridge.

Now Trophy Ridge didn't "buy out" Horton.

Horton went bankrupt and Rick bought the machinery/equipment, trademarks and patents from one of Horton's secured creditors - maybe "nit picking", but probably paid 10 cents on the dollar and never dealt directly with the company.

So unlike the "friendly" buy of Excalibur by Bowtech, Trophy Ridge bought what it wanted from Horton at a yard sale basically rubbing the faces of the guys who pushed him out of the business, in the mud.

He had intentions of resurrecting the Horton line, but the economic downturn kinda squashed that initially. A new "Horton" line did finally make it to market for 2015 (now called "Horton Crossbow Innovations").

Additionally, because he didn't buy the "company", Trophy Ridge has no liability nor does it have to provide any warranty for Horton products prior to now.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

galamb wrote:
Richieg150 wrote:
His facts are a little cloudy.

Horton was originally a British company. Rick Bednar began as a distributor of Horton in the US in the early 1980's. In 1985 he convinced the parent company to move it's operations to the US and he became the COO for the company.

He left Horton in 1991 because of a dispute over the direction the company should take and along with an Easton Arrow distributor formed "Hunter's Manufacturing" which eventually changed their name to Trophy Ridge.

Now Trophy Ridge didn't "buy out" Horton.

Horton went bankrupt and Rick bought the machinery/equipment, trademarks and patents from one of Horton's secured creditors - maybe "nit picking", but probably paid 10 cents on the dollar and never dealt directly with the company.

So unlike the "friendly" buy of Excalibur by Bowtech, Trophy Ridge bought what it wanted from Horton at a yard sale basically rubbing the faces of the guys who pushed him out of the business, in the mud.

He had intentions of resurrecting the Horton line, but the economic downturn kinda squashed that initially. A new "Horton" line did finally make it to market for 2015 (now called "Horton Crossbow Innovations").

Additionally, because he didn't buy the "company", Trophy Ridge has no liability nor does it have to provide any warranty for Horton products prior to now.
Have a friend who has a Horton crossbow, broke a pulley on it, last week at the outdoor 3d range, and called whoever it is who bought Horton, he was told, no parts and no warranties of any kind on Horton crossbows, but said he could buy a new crossbow from them with a warranty, he declined their generous offer. The guy who told me about whoever it is who now owns Excalibur, who has had a archery business for over 30 years, said Excalibur was acquired more for the name and following and not for the line of crossbows they carry and believed they were moving Excalibur from Quebec, to the state's. I believe that is his opinion and may or may not be based on fact. I may not be the only one who knew nothing about Excalibur being bought out and trading hands.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think hes confused. I mean that in the nicest way possible. As it was explained to me: The company that owns bowtech also acquired Excalibur. ( a few years ago) So they are both owned by the same Co.-(Co,..investment group,..buying company,...whatever you want to a call it)

Bowtech does not own Excalibur. Sure, the individual companies communicate and obviously are working together. Excalibur is also located in Ontario, not Quebec. So hes close, but just a bit off.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Norwest Equity Partners’ Portfolio Company, BOWTECH, Acquires Excalibur Crossbow

nep.com/connect/news/norwest-equity-partners-portfolio-company-bowtech-acquires-excalibur-crossbow/
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Sparkey wrote:Norwest Equity Partners’ Portfolio Company, BOWTECH, Acquires Excalibur Crossbow

nep.com/connect/news/norwest-equity-partners-portfolio-company-bowtech-acquires-excalibur-crossbow/

Norwest is in the business of making money which involves making investments. Which some times also means selling those investments when there is a profit to be made. Sometimes leaks occur. But the Quebec reference makes this one suspect.
But if it has any truth when Tenpoint acquired Horton the warranty was the first to take the hit.

Who would have thought Bass Pro would be considering a take over of Cabelas.
Which is being driven forward by I believe one of Cabelas major shareholders that is trying force to take place inorder to maximize the return on his investment portfolio.

So anything is possible.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Anyone who knows how confrontational Ten Point is as well as their desire to sue everyone for ridiculous patent infringements knows how obtuse the title of this thread is. Ten Point would rather destroy other businesses than buy them. They have very "different" view towards other archery businesses.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

Sounds like the information I was told was basically correct. I have dealt with Excalibur recently had had zero issues with their customer service or them standing behind their bows. Hopefully that won't change, that has always, to me, been the shining light of Excalibur, their excellent customer service and their lifetime Warranty on their products. Both of which in today's money driven society are a rareity.

Post by newbie »

I would say the information you were told wqs basically incorrect. Actually incorrect none of it is even close to the Bowtec deal.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Richieg150 wrote:Sounds like the information I was told was basically correct.
Really?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Richieg150 wrote:Sounds like the information I was told was basically correct. I have dealt with Excalibur recently had had zero issues with their customer service or them standing behind their bows. Hopefully that won't change, that has always, to me, been the shining light of Excalibur, their excellent customer service and their lifetime Warranty on their products. Both of which in today's money driven society are a rareity.
I know the president of Excalibur. He's marched up through the ranks and was declared by Bill Troubridge. I know that the present president Rob, is still holding the same general direction of the best customer service in the industry.
Some people just like stepping on rakes