Dead deer on Interstate

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sopchoppy

Dead deer on Interstate

Post by Sopchoppy »

Drove from Tn. to Vt. for Thanksgiving. Coming back on 11/27, we saw 25-30 dead deer on I-81 in Pennsylvania. Only saw a few in Virginia & Tn. That's a lot of deer and insurance claims.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
TheBig1

Re: Dead deer on Interstate

Post by TheBig1 »

I live next to and travel 81 all of the time. There is a lot of dead dear around. Can't speak for other states but in PA 81 runs pretty much through mountains except for the Harrisburg area.

You should see i80 which runs the entire width of the state east to west. I have a feeling that you'd count even more because that whole drive is through mountainous areas.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
artifact

Post by artifact »

TheBig1 wrote:You should see i80 which runs the entire width of the state east to west. I have a feeling that you'd count even more because that whole drive is through mountainous areas.
Chad
Agree! You think there's a lot of dead deer laying along I-81!
When I-80 opened there were LOTS and I mean LOTS of dead deer laying along there for years. When the big rigs hit them @ 70+mph there's usually not too much salvageable either.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

artifact wrote:
TheBig1 wrote:You should see i80 which runs the entire width of the state east to west. I have a feeling that you'd count even more because that whole drive is through mountainous areas.
Chad
Agree! You think there's a lot of dead deer laying along I-81!
When I-80 opened there were LOTS and I mean LOTS of dead deer laying along there for years. When the big rigs hit them @ 70+mph there's usually not too much salvageable either.

LOL You know when they get hit but a rig, there's nothing but a red/pink mist covering the road and about nothing else to see.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I'm sure the "road kill" make up a big part of the numbers provided by each state's "yearly harvest"...along with all of the fictitious ghost doe shot in our "earn a buck" People's Republic of New Jersey.... :shock: :?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings