Boltcutter broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jpen

Boltcutter broadheads

Post by jpen »

Post pics of animals killed with these broadheads. I'm trying to get a deer this year and will post a pic. So far all I have killed is a target. The boltcutters are very accurate.
retrieverman

Re: Boltcutter broadheads

Post by retrieverman »

How many pictures do you want? I've probably killed 50 deer with Boltcutters. :lol:
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I love the boltcutters there probably the best penatrating head out there along with a slick trick i have killed a few deer with them . My area were i hunt is very thick n dense and a big blood trail is necesecary to aid in not losing a deer . I have switched to big expandables (spitfire,cabellas lazer strike ll) because ive been getting a better blood trail. Some members are even going further using the trauma types. Wen im in a suburbon hunting situation i dont want a buck to get across a road or die in a soccer moms yard. Lol thats the only reason i quit using them. If i was hunting elk or bear they would be my first choice i wish they would offer a slightly bigger cut in the 150 grain i would look into it. Broadheads are always a trade off . ..cut.. acuracy. ..penatration . You gotta follow your gut. Lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

longbow joe wrote:... My area were i hunt is very thick n dense and a big blood trail is necesecary to aid in not losing a deer .
I tried the Boltcutters, and left them behind for the same reason. The blood trail from the mechanical 125 grain Spitfires I use is way beyond comparison. I'll be sticking with those.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

Work great for the last 4 deer.
Shot placement more important than broadhead choice.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
Green380

Post by Green380 »

Worked well for my first deer, but didn't get much of a blood trail.
Tough broadheads though. My husband found my arrow for me today the lumenok must have turned off in the deer but the broadhead made it through an old birch log. Ready to use again.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thats wat i mean those things are tough!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.