flemish serving

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

STEELWORKER

flemish serving

Post by STEELWORKER »

my serving is literally destroyed after only like 20 shots out of my brand new exomag :x when i picked the bow up from the dealer i noticed that the serving wasn't centered perfectly with the deck. i figured they knew how to set it up so i didn't question it. seems to me that the cocking aid on the left side was always sitting on the serving knot, causin it to seperate. well anyway i put on my backup string and have shot about 30 plus arrows and all is well...for you new excal owners like myself, make sure your serving is in alignment with the deck so that when using the cocking aid, the hooks will ride inside the knots tied into the serving and not directly on the knot......(just observing and tryin to help).....CORY
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Sounds to me like you had a bad string steelworker, as the serving should be centered when the xbow is strung. You can also tie off your new string on each end with serving string acting as an anchor to keep serving from parting on each end from your cocking aid. Another thing I have found to help in this matter is to add a small strip of leather in the hooks, allowing for a little give as the string is cranked or pulled back with a aid. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
johnbuck9

serving

Post by johnbuck9 »

Yes I had the same thing with my one string it was not served too center, and thats what happened, pulled apart after about 30 shots,
GaryL is right about the leather strip inside the hooks , I used a peice of the fuzzy side of self sticking velcro on eack hook it really works and helps cushion the strain on the string.
I reserved my other string with fast flight and had no problems with it so far
You need also too take into consideration, on the Mag. and Max the strain on the string along with the hard angle your string locks in on,
also check your trigger locks make sure there smooth with no sharp edges
This is what I have foundand it helped out for me.
Have fun.
fletch

Post by fletch »

I just went and checked my string and you are right, the serving is offset to one side. I did not notice this before. My serving is looking loose on one side and I thought I did something wrong. (after only 30 shots) How do you tell if there are burrs on the hooks ? Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

thanks garyl and johnbuck......i'm gonna give your tips a shot, good ideas and thanks alot for the help!!!-------steel