Santa may be bringing me a Micro...have a question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cumberlandxbow

Santa may be bringing me a Micro...have a question

Post by cumberlandxbow »

The kids kind of let the cat out of the bag and told me santa is bringing me a new Micro for Christmas!!! Just thinking ahead....when you guys assemble your bows do you level the scope using a levelling tool or do you just eyeball it? I've had dealers do assembly for me before but like to do it myself if possible so I can fix it later if need be. Your insight is appreciated.
vixenmaster

Re: Santa may be bringing me a Micro...have a question

Post by vixenmaster »

I use a home made plumb bob at 20 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Plumb bob x2 ,,,,If you have a good dealer your micro should be setup and sighted in ready to go ... You'll still need to check your scope when you get home .. Don't forget a stringing aid , Danny Miller, Wyvernns and others handle a sturdy stringing aid .. Have fun
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Exactly where do you hang a Plumb Bob to get a scope square?
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

I hang a plumb Bob off my stand I hang my target on at 20 yards from the bench I have my crossbow on. Then off a bench, I level my crossbow by setting a 2 fI level across the rails. I then rotate the scope, while keeping the crossbow level by the level across the rails, until the vertical reticle line matches the plumb Bob . Then tighten the scope rings and shoot away . I use the same method setting my scopes up on my rifles. I bought a scope leveling kit that had a tiny level you put across the top turret cap, while leveling the rifle, but the plumb Bob is easier and does a much better job.
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I've used a plumb bob and a Wheeler scope levelling kit. Both have worked great and will get the job done nicely. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads