o\t ccw who does it an what do you carry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deadeer

Re: o\t ccw who does it an what do you carry

Post by deadeer »

Ruger LCP in a pocket holster. Trying to decide on upgrade to owb midsize auto, been shopping around lately.
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

Glock 40cal,model 23,mainly because I got a tremendous discount when buying. The gun dealer was giving a huge discount to law enforcement and I couldn't pass up the price.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....in The People's Republic of New Jersey, one is not allowed to carry...I own:

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact in 9mm,

S & W Model 60 Revolver in .357, and

Kimber Custom CDP ll in .45ACP,

I would probably carry (if I could) either the Beretta or the SW ( it can shoot .38 Special)....

one can dream can't they in New Jersey!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

If I'm carrying concealed, then I tote a SIG P938 SAS in 9mm that matches the P238 SAS in 380 that my wife carries. I like them both.

During deer season I open carry a Ruger Blackhawk .357 instead. I'm lucky to live in an area where open carry is legal and make it a point to stay South of the Potomac.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I've had my CHL for almost 20 years and carried about that many different handguns. My primary carry (right now) is a Glock 43 loaded with 124 gr +p Golden Sabres, and my second choice (only due to being a little larger) is a STI Shadow in 45 acp loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 185 gr ammo.

On a side note, I used to feel a little "under gunned" carrying a 9mm, but with the advancements in bullets/ammo, I'm as confident with my 9 as I am a 45.
Richieg150

Post by Richieg150 »

Everywhere, everyday. either CCW or Open Carry here in Missouri.... a S&W99, .40 cal. loaded with Remington Golden Saber 180gr....GS40SWB. 12 in the magazine, 1 in the tube, and at least 1 spare 12 round magazine. She has had several thousand rounds thru her, and I know her well. There are two choices in this world.... armed or victim... you choose which. Don't be one of those victims that would say the rest of their lives, " If I only would have had a firearm, things would have turned out different."
Psalm 144:1-1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.
2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Richieg150 wrote:Everywhere, everyday. either CCW or Open Carry here in Missouri.... a S&W99, .40 cal. loaded with Remington Golden Saber 180gr....GS40SWB. 12 in the magazine, 1 in the tube, and at least 1 spare 12 round magazine. She has had several thousand rounds thru her, and I know her well. There are two choices in this world.... armed or victim... you choose which. Don't be one of those victims that would say the rest of their lives, " If I only would have had a firearm, things would have turned out different."
I agree "armed or victim". The only problem is if you're unlucky enough to reside in one of the very few states which choose to violate the constitution there by rendering the citizen a "victim" not by choice. Unless of course you're a criminal then you would be armed because they don't follow laws. :?: :roll:
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
DES

Post by DES »

Glock 26 with +2 mag extension
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150
druz

Post by druz »

Back in the day, I carried my Kimber Compact Stainless quite a bit... Only drawback was she weighed a ton... Grabbed some tactical tupperware in the form of an HK VP9, as well as an M&P Shield in 9mm for the missus... Honestly, I carry the wife's pistol in the woods when I go... A little smaller and more compact for the belt pouch...
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

When I did carry, it was a H. Schmit wheel gun my father gave me for my 16th birthday.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Drew

Post by Drew »

My CPL has expired but am re-upping after the holidays. When I carried before it was a full size Springfield Armory TRP .45. Amazing pistol with the right ammo.

My HK USP Tactical .45 is way too big for concealed and is an even better shooter.

I'm using the new CPL as an excuse to get an SA XD Mod 2 in either .45 or 9mm. I really don't care for the 9mm round but I figured a small concealable will be more controllable in the 9mm. I have gorilla mitts and small pistols are already a challenge let alone with the .45.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

Drew,

The SA XD Mod 2 is a sweet gun. I wish they had those out when I bought my XDM. Need to stop buying crossbow gear so I can have some $$ to buy another gun. :lol:
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
Drew

Post by Drew »

Scarecrow, I went recently to check out the XDM and saw the XD Mod 2. I really like the improved grip surfaces. Too bad they have that "Grip Zone" icon on the grip but from what I hear the pistol speaks for itself.

Which XDM do you have and what are your thoughts?
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
LoneWolf45

Post by LoneWolf45 »

All the time, a Glock 26.
LoneWolf45

Post by LoneWolf45 »

TheBig1 wrote:
Shotnbeer wrote:Glock 26. Heavy coat days maybe 1911 45
I was thinking of picking up a 26, how do you like it? How do you have it set up, i.e. mag extensions, etc...?

Chad
The Glock 26 is a fantastic carry pistol. I do not use extensions or anything. Fully stock, except for some sights in the configuration I personally like. I carry a G19 mag as a reload.