Shooting all over

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

Shooting all over

Post by Troubleshooter »

Hello, I'm a 'young' man (40 years) from Holland (don't mind if my English is bad) and this is my first post.

I'm own a Matrix 380 Blackout (with the standard tactzone scope) for an year or so and since then i really can't shoot accurate the whole time.

For example: today i was target shooting at a 60 yard range and had only bullseyes (1 inch) every time i shot. After this i went (with the HHA) to the 80 yards...the arrows were very much (at least 10 inches) to the left and to high. Even one arrow missed the whole target. (i shot almost 10 arrows away like this).

After this i went back to 60 yards and the arrows were all over the target, except were i was aiming on...

All (scope and other parts) was tight and, so this wasn't the problem.

I tried many things by now: other arrows, zeroïng the scope again and again, a rubber mat under the bipod, other shooting techniques...you name it. Nothing works....

Shortly: sometimes my xbow shoots great, but another time or just a few minutes later it's horrible.

Does anyone has an idea what is wrong here?

Greetings from the other side of the ocean!
Normous

Re: Shooting all over

Post by Normous »

Welcome, take the HHA off and return the 380 back to original and report back what you find.

Something I do not understand, for one year you really can't shoot accurate but you are shooting 1" groups at 60 yards today. You may have a random scope problem.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

It sounds like a scope issue to me or perhaps the riser bolts holding the front limb assembly to the the the rail have worked them self loose.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Boo

Post by Boo »

gerald strine wrote:It sounds like a scope issue to me or perhaps the riser bolts holding the front limb assembly to the the the rail have worked them self loose.
Yep, try another scope.
Can you tell us what arrow you are shooting? Insert weight? Field tip weight? Fletchig offset?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Thanks for help and thinking!

..So probably it is the scope and to be sure i will try it without the HHA optimizer first.

I can remember (a few months ago) that i saw a glas 'moving' in my scope, when i adjusted my eye-sight to see the reticles better. (the ring in front of the scope)
Maybe something isn't right over there.

Is this also a part of the warranty? It seems difficult to prove that my scope is not the way he had used te be.

First i used the standard Diablo bolts and after this i was trying the longer firebolts, because i heard they were more accurate. All with 150 grain fieldpoints.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Scopes are covered by warranty. Send it back.
Hank
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Thank you Hank.

Today i tried it again (still with the HHA on it) and the first 30 shots were perfect (at 20, 60, 80, 100 yards) and went back to 80 and 60 and still no problems at all.

After this (around) 30 shots all next shots went 10 inches (at 60 yards) to the right. Strange....these suddenly changes...

I will contact my dealer for a new scope (after shooting without HHA next time) and want to thank you all for your help!
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

I was looking on the internet for more people who's having problems with this tactzone scope and i have found things like: fish-eye-sight, loose reticles, condensation inside the scope and words like: Chinese junk.

Maybe it is better to get myself an upgrade to the Twilight DLX. I hope this one has more quality? (also Chinese?)

Please your opinion / experience about this?
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Troubleshooter wrote:Thank you Hank.

Today i tried it again (still with the HHA on it) and the first 30 shots were perfect (at 20, 60, 80, 100 yards) and went back to 80 and 60 and still no problems at all.

After this (around) 30 shots all next shots went 10 inches (at 60 yards) to the right. Strange....these suddenly changes...

I will contact my dealer for a new scope (after shooting without HHA next time) and want to thank you all for your help!

Sounds funny they shoot great for awhile then not the next round. Try to take a break in between rounds. Maybe alittle tired from first round.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

maine hunter wrote:
Troubleshooter wrote:Thank you Hank.

Sounds funny they shoot great for awhile then not the next round. Try to take a break in between rounds. Maybe alittle tired from first round.

Thanks for your post.

I don't think this is the issue, because the difference is to big. I think the scope reacts (on a certain moment) on the power of shooting. (probably something is loose inside). Sometimes this happens after a few shots and sometimes this happens after much more shots. You never know when the scope is changing suddenly...

Thanks for your input.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I believe the others are correct; its likely a scope issue.

The only other reason for which I've experienced a similar frustration was with a bad batch of new arrows. On a few of the arrows the glue had let go at the back end of a vane. As a result, accuracy randomly went from perfect to erratic, depending on which arrow I pulled from the quiver. Once I weeded out the bad arrows, all was good.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

ninepointer wrote:I believe the others are correct; its likely a scope issue.

The only other reason for which I've experienced a similar frustration was with a bad batch of new arrows. On a few of the arrows the glue had let go at the back end of a vane. As a result, accuracy randomly went from perfect to erratic, depending on which arrow I pulled from the quiver. Once I weeded out the bad arrows, all was good.

Thanks for comment. You're using the right words: it is a frustration when this happens. I thinking about to change the scope to a Twilight DXL, because i saw on the internet that i'm not the only one with tactzone-troubles. I hope the Twilight is 'trouble free'.

Thanks again.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

PM sent.
W.M.
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Thank you for you p.m. Just have send you an answer. Thanks for help.