The grass is not always greener on the other side of fence

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tom

The grass is not always greener on the other side of fence

Post by Tom »

I am sorry, but this is too make fun of all us hunters that travel many miles and hours just to hunt deer. Many of us, do just that and do not see deer on many occasions.

In fact, this year, my brother has put in over 3 weeks on the stand and only saw one deer. These pictures below are not just only for him, but for everyone else having the same luck as him.

BTW, these deer are right in the city limits, beside my sister's house LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once my sister and nephew told me about the deer, I decided to get a few trail cameras out again and try to get some over head shots (which are hard to get good pics). The camera is up in a semi-wild apple tree, about 10 feet above, pointing directly down, 20 feet from the house LOL
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
retrieverman

Re: The grass is not always greener on the other side of fen

Post by retrieverman »

While surfing hunting forums, I see a bunch of "urban" deer killed every year, and there are always some pretty nice bucks killed.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

Nice .there are many deer in most city's and the Mnr is going to have to do some research to get a open archery season in these areas. London had a avarage of two deer car collision every day this year .a urban archery season would help and have it run till the end of January. Even if is was does only .open up golf courses river right aways and other city owned property. This could even be a additional tag .that could generate a ton of cash across Ontario. .Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I hear ya :). In November I went on my annual rifle hunt up north, deep in the big woods, hunted hard for 2 straight weeks, and never fired a shot. Last week I arrowed one 5 minutes from home. And if I had a chance to do it all over, I would have done the exact same thing. Love it! :D
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Me thinks it's time for Tom to sit up in the apple tree with his crossbow! :wink: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Tom

Post by Tom »

j.krug wrote:Me thinks it's time for Tom to sit up in the apple tree with his crossbow! :wink: :lol:
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would not need to sit in the tree with the crossbow, a bedroom window is only 20 feet away :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Now if I wanted to Danial Boone it with a knife, I would need to get up into the tree (but even I am not that stupid).

My sister and her grand-kids would string me up from the hanging poll :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]