Pulled the trigger on a Dr. Stirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcwn

Pulled the trigger on a Dr. Stirrup

Post by Bcwn »

Being 5'9" 240lbs I've got to admit my cocking form just sucks! I simply just yank the hell out of the cocking rope. Even throwing my kettle bells everyday does not do anything to mitigate the risk of a back injury from poor form. As much as I love to shoot this thing I'm gonna take some advice I read on a previous post about cocking form. So I bought a Dr stirrup package, not too sure about the db silencer things, don't wanna really put anything in neccasary on the limbs that will sacrifice speed, but they say their is no significant loss of speed compared to the significant reduction in noise they provide. If anyone has this set up please chime in here. I'll let y'all know what comes out of the wash with simple science. I'm gonna take it to our pro shop and throw it on the meter.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
SEW

Re: Pulled the trigger on a Dr. Stirrup

Post by SEW »

Every bit of the Dr Stirrup setup helps. No drawback I can see except for fitting in a Xbow case. The rope, stirrup and string attenuators all help a lot. He has really thought things out!
Last edited by SEW on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Does it reduce the noise signature enough foot you to notice when you first shoot it, i can't wait to try it out.
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Bcwn wrote:Does it reduce the noise signature enough foot you to notice when you first shoot it, i can't wait to try it out.
I have everything except for the actual stirrup itself because the stirrup does not fit my Grizzly. I absolutely love all of Gaston's products and can't wait to buy another Excalibur to be able to fix up the same way along with the actual stirrup. You won't be disappointed in buying any or all of the Dr. Stirrup products.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

I'm waiting on mine to show up. Will put it to the test on my 355. He will have full kits for the micro in 2016.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

You will notice a difference in sound and vibration immediately. As for cocking, I found it more difficult until I tried Vixchix's technique of turning the bow counterclockwise so the stirrup was pointing at 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock. This made it much easier and I'm loving it on my 405.

Paul
Last edited by paulaboutform on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't usually get in to these "add ons", but this one seems to get decent reviews from you fellows, I just may try one.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:You will notice a difference in sound and vibration immediately. As for cocking, I found it more difficult until I tried Vixchix's technique of turning the bow counterclockwise so the stirrup was so the stirrup was pointing at 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock. This made it much easier and I'm loving it on my 405.

Paul

....Paisano....I knew you would eventually come around...that Vixchix knows what she be talking about! :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I absolutely love my DrStirrup setup and wish Gaston well at the ATA show

....he has put a lot of thought behind this innovation and it shows in it's design and use...I have one on both my 380 and 335 (given at Boofest before he decided to rework the Micro design- one does have to be careful with the arra sticking out of the shroud!) and would not consider taking it off. Both my boys have the complete setup on their M380's...I also have it on Manco Morto...again very pleased and would encourage anyone on the fence to treat themselves for Christmas....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

You're going to LIKE it!! :wink:

My report is here: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=60095

Enjoy!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

They look awesome! 2 questions tho:

Would this device give you the clearance you would need to use a Magnus bullhead?

Is it true that it won't work on composite bows like the ibex smf?
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

it will clear if you use a 20" arrow. I try it out of my 380 and 355.
W.M.
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

Pydpiper wrote:I don't usually get in to these "add ons", but this one seems to get decent reviews from you fellows, I just may try one.
I'm really liking mine. The whole kit. Each item does exactly as stated it would. When he does the release for the micro kit coming up here soon, you can bet I'll be buying that one also. I believe the 18th of this month is the last day of his sale on his website. Get free items!! :D
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

The DrStirrup is a great product. Gaston has done a Real Nice Job on Design and Functionality of the Kit. Well Done Gaston.

Happy Trails
Stephen
Matrix 380
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I'd like to try one but I'll keep taking my boot off to fit in the stirrup