An expensive visit....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gregoire1960

An expensive visit....

Post by Gregoire1960 »

I'd been away from this forum for nearly 4 years as I hadn't been using my Exocet 165, basically as a result of good luck with the .243 over the past few years.

Anyhow...... decided to dig out the Exocet 2 weeks ago in the hope of filling my tag. Naturally I decided to visit this forum to see what's new and improved in the world of Excalibur crossbows. Since then I've ended up replacing my carved tip limbs with Mag tips, got a Flemish Dynaflight string and ordered a Boo string, asked Santa for a Triggertech single stage & ordered a new Dr. Stirrup kit which should arrive soon. I'll be ordering my first custom arrows in the new year when a certain arrow maker has time after the hunting season.

By the time I add it up I've probably spent nearly as much as this used bow cost me 15 years ago. I really enjoy checking in on this forum regularly, but maybe I should wait another 4 years to check back before I go broke :shock:

If there are any other mods available for my Exocet please have mercy and don't tell me about them.......still have a bunch of Christmas presents to buy yet :lol:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: An expensive visit....

Post by Doe Master »

We are only so happy to help . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Well welcome back. I'm new, only having been here for about four months, and have come to the immediate conclusion that the amazingly kind and generous members of this forum are definitely bad influences.

But I can't stay away. :lol:

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

I've been on forum only 3 months, learned an awful lot. spent an awful lot. no end in sight, new camera for xbow be here tomorrow. M355 for next season, sure is fun though! :D
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Gregoire1960 wrote:I'd been away from this forum for nearly 4 years as I hadn't been using my Exocet 165, basically as a result of good luck with the .243 over the past few years.

Anyhow...... decided to dig out the Exocet 2 weeks ago in the hope of filling my tag. Naturally I decided to visit this forum to see what's new and improved in the world of Excalibur crossbows. Since then I've ended up replacing my carved tip limbs with Mag tips, got a Flemish Dynaflight string and ordered a Boo string, asked Santa for a Triggertech single stage & ordered a new Dr. Stirrup kit which should arrive soon. I'll be ordering my first custom arrows in the new year when a certain arrow maker has time after the hunting season.

By the time I add it up I've probably spent nearly as much as this used bow cost me 15 years ago. I really enjoy checking in on this forum regularly, but maybe I should wait another 4 years to check back before I go broke :shock:

If there are any other mods available for my Exocet please have mercy and don't tell me about them.......still have a bunch of Christmas presents to buy yet :lol:
You forgot the Munch Mount for your quiver :)

Then again, maybe not. Groundpounder was kind enough to customize my top mount quiver, as the holes on the old Exocet risers were different.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

:lol: Isn't that the way it goes! We're a bunch of enablers here for sure. It's fun to upgrade the older bows and show them some much deserved love. Your Exocet will give you years of dependable trouble free shooting/hunting for sure. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads