2004 Slick Tricks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

2004 Slick Tricks?

Post by Guest »

Has anyone purchased the 2004 Slick Tricks? If so, how's the quality this year??

Thanks much.
fletch

Post by fletch »

This might be a dumb a$$ question but does the quality change from year to year ? I want to buy some but they are very hard to find in stock. I guess the quality could be affected if they used different material, is that what you mean ?
Digger

Post by Digger »

Carl, I think the only 2004Slicks out are the 85 gr. model. The 100 & 125 gr. heads are supposed to be sent to dealers this week. I bought some 100 gr heads in Janurary, but those were last years stock.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
gametrail

?

Post by gametrail »

Hi!! who makes slick tricks?
Digger

Post by Digger »

They make slick Tricks.

http://www.slicktrick.net/

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

gonna stay with the wasp hammers SST 100 grain for the exomag but ....I got 2004 85 gr slick tricks for my vertical compound this year.

They fly nice, there not the devistating broadhead I'd thought they'd be by there looks...We'll see how they perform on venision flesh...any commets?

deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
Firedog

slick tricks

Post by Firedog »

I shot a couple of deer with these broadheads and i was not overly impressed! I had a few blades that broke while hitting the deer. Maybe just bad luck
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Not bad luck ya hit bone and the blades can shatter. I have lost a couple that way. I have had other brands brake when hiting bone. I have also had the blades survive a shoulder pass thru (SlickTrick) the blades can also be sharpened but you havr to be very carfull. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Deadeye, two years ago, I orderd a pack. Like you I wasn't overly impressed when I received them in the mail. When I tested them on a target they flew the same as my field points. A month later I had the good fortune to use one on a fairly large Buck (I figure approx. 190lb) at 17 yards.

The arrow hit true and hard, a complete pass through, and stuck half way into the ground behind the deer. The deer ran only five yards, then slowed to a walk for barely 10 yards, then it staggered and dropped dead, all within seconds and within sight of my tree stand. When I got down and examined the deer, I noticed a huge entrance and exit hole. The impressive fact was that it had cut through two ribs, double-lunged and then smashed through the leg bone on the off-side. With all that abuse, I would of thought that the head would of been toast, however with the exception of two of the four blades being slightly rippled, the head/point was no worse for wear. I've heard similiar stories from other folks on this and other forums

So it's needless to say, I have total confidence and highly recommend them. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wayne w

slick tricks

Post by wayne w »

a buddy of mine from work got some 100 grain i dont see a difference
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

The 125gr now out same price. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!