dissapator bars?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

dissapator bars?

Post by Turtleman »

I put out a topic about air brakes earlier and asked if they are worth it or not? Now after looking at the micros and matrix bows they don't have the dissapator bars the older bows do. So my question is are they even needed on the older bows and if not how many have taken them off all together. Let me know what you diehard Excalibur lovers like myself have done ? Adding or taking off the dissapator bars???
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
wabi

Re: dissapator bars?

Post by wabi »

First change I made to my Phoenix was take the Dbs off.
Converted it to an Axiom, before the Axiom was even made. :lol:
wabi
Normous

Post by Normous »

I took them of my older Equinox and Exocet to lighten the front end. I didn't miss them after removal.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
galamb

Post by galamb »

On my Vix II - which came with nothing, I added the dissipator bars AND the S5's.

Do you need both? I don't know, but that's my set-up and can't honestly say that there is any benefit or detraction to running both.

It doesn't seem to hurt anything, except add a few ounces to the overall weight - which DOES help with vibration.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Got a set for my Vixen long time ago to see if I would like them or not. Didn't so took them off and stuck them in a box. If all you are wanting to try them to see if they will work for you send me your address and I'll give them to you. Won't be able to get them in the mail until after Christmas though.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Took mine off along time ago left the S5's on my brown vixen is all- Non on my Brown Exomag...
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have the D-bars and S5's on my Vortex and the D-bars only on my Phoenix. Been thinking of taking the D-bars off my Vortex but haven't got around to ordering the hardware to do it. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Dale

Post by Dale »

My Exomax came with S5 pads and the dissipator bars. I am now in a position to shoot many crossbows back to back. All I know is the S5 pads and the dissipator bars do reduce noise and vibration. Yes the deer will still hear the shot, but the bows are nicer to shoot due to less vibration. Also, the Barnette Ghost 410 is a powerhouse, but I like my Excalibur better. Also the Matrix 405 is a powerhouse, but it is tough to cock. As a side note, the Excalibur Vortex, and Eclipse (basically a black Vortex) are real nice crossbows. Shoot real nice and easy to cock.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters