What think you?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

artifact

What think you?

Post by artifact »

Just returned from Cabelas where I saw this Matrix 355 hanging on the rack.
After reading about this on here, I thought WOW here's what some have been mentioning about brace height not being even close to where it should be.
Hopefully the brace height will be corrected before anyone attempts to shoot this bow. Also the 2 screws that hold the stirrup on were very rusty, and I didn't think to look at the serving to see if it may have been a return that should have been in the bargain cave.
Not good!
artifact

Re: What think you?

Post by artifact »

Need some help here!!!!
Been trying to post a pic. of what I saw, for the last 2 hours, now I have 3 posts up for the same thing and still no pic! :oops: I have been trying to delete them, but can't do that either. HELP: I'm an idiot on this contraption.
Not having fun right now!!!! :x
The only options I'm seeing are edit, report, and quote, how do I go about deleting a post?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

You only have a limited time to delete a post/thread if at all. The only way I'm aware of is if you see the boxed "x" right about the boxed exclamation point on the bottom right of your post.

Sorry to hear of the posting problems. Do a forum search on posting pics from photobucket. I hope this helps
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

I don't know if it's even possible to post photos on here. You can embed links from photobucket though which gets it done. If you email me the pics I'll link them for you.
Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

I'd call that negative brace height. Maybe someone from Barnett paid them to set it up like that :lol: :lol: :lol:
artifact

Post by artifact »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Like I said, I saw this mentioned on here more than once and here is proof positive of a brace height, or lack of, that is nowhere even near where it should be. All the other Excaliburs they had were about where they should be, except for this one. If they don't see this and sell it the way it is, and the buyer doesn't know to adjust it, I would assume there will be a problem.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Gregoire1960 wrote:I'd call that negative brace height. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that right there is funny!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I was at an "elite " pro shop in jersey n all of the excals (6) had the strings slammed against the bumpers. We all know strings stretch and gotta give em the benifit a da dought that they would hopefly correctly set it before it leaves but we all know this sometimes dosnt happen . Usually the bow goes bome to a new never had a crossbow person n hes got a problem before even shooting the thing .sad.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.