What I feel Blessed for in 2015....feel free to add yours!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

What I feel Blessed for in 2015....feel free to add yours!

Post by amythntr »

I thought it would be a good time to share what I feel Blessed about in this Christmas Season...If you have been blessed feel free to add your Blessings:

....That the Lord has not done to me what I know I deserve,

....For a wonderful family; my wife Ana of almost 31 years, 2 boys-Anthony (29) and Christopher (24)...both of which are avid hunters, fishermen and outdoorsmen...and Angelica (19) who is special and precious in many ways...Jelly shows me in more ways than one what is really important in life,

....A job in a very shaky environment,

....Answered prayer-after many years of struggling with my weight He answered my prayer with the ability to lose over 33 pounds (and still going) to date...Also, for giving me the strength to stay away from drinking...not had one in 21 months,

....for the many friends that I have met through this forum,

....for the opportunity to attend my first Boofest this past July and to put faces to the many names of members,

....and last but not least...for all of the things that "I did NOT want" that the Lord saw fit to making sure I did not get in 2015....

Knowing that there are many members who are going through various trials and tribulations, be it health, family, financial or other, I pray that they can see the many Blessings that are there be it small or large...I hope that 2016 for those people will be a year of good things for them....

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas !

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wheelie

Re: What I feel Blessed for in 2015....feel free to add your

Post by wheelie »

Blessed my wife is still alive. Hoping for a better 2016. CHEERS!
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

Good thread Anthony.

--First of all I'm grateful to God for the many blessings that he has graced me with, but most of all the gift of His son Jesus Christ who he sent to die for my sins.

--One of the most amazing things that I have been blessed with for just over a year now is our newly found church, Parker Hill Community Church, which has brought me closer to God and Jesus through baptism, serving in Jesus' name, as well as sharing God's grace among others.

--Several of God's blessings that I am grateful for is my amazing wife Lynn, whom I would be completely lost without. I was a wandering soul until I met her. I am also grateful for the gift of our daughter Marli (7) who is the light of my eye as well as my son Logan (14), stepdaughter Emma (14), and stepson Nik (12). God has blessed me with an amazing family.

--He also has blessed me with a great career as well as recently blessing my wife with a job at the Post Office.

--I too couldn't be more blessed to have joined the Excalibur family with it's amazingly kind, friendly, and generous members who are always willing to help anyone in need. You all have truly taught me that not all online communities are negative.

--As hard as it may be to say, I am grateful that after approximately 7 interviews this year that God has chosen to choose a different path for me than any of them. I know that He has something amazing in store for me that might possibly be just around the corner.

--I continue to pray that He give me strength to begin the grueling process of returning to the one time fit person that I once was as well as the strength to relax, handle stress in a more positive way, and although I may be extremely driven, to provide me with the strength to deal with my anxiety in a positive way.

For all of these things I am grateful, will always be grateful, and continue to pray for continued and renewed strength.

Merry CHRISTmas to everyone and God bless.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

It has been an interesting year . :)
I got to meet more people from here at the pilgrimage called Boofest . Got to give a handmade call to very special lady . Amazing how a private moment can bring a man to almost tears . :(
Got to hunt with BigJohn .
Continue to get to hunt with my best hunting partner Dad . :D
I hope all that have had hardships get to see brighter days .
I have always hated being politically correct .
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wabi

Post by wabi »

Still breathing and still sober, about all I ever ask God for.
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I was today sitting around grumbling to myself how bad a hunting season that I have had BUT realized that I am old as dirt and am still able to climb a tree and enjoy the hunt. Can't put into words how much I love being in the woods and being able take in the smells and pretend that I have a buck all figured out. Ten years ago I could not stand on uneven ground or close my hand from RA and to be able to see God's gift of nature is a joy for me. By gosh, it was a great year. :D
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

You hit the nail on the head Aging .
I watch my 76 year old hunting partner drag his butt into the bush with me and I appreciate the experience . :D
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

In general terms:

Grateful for:
  • The God given ability to accept the things I cannot change;
    The courage to change the things I can;
    The wisdom to know the difference.
Thankful for being able to:
  • Live one day at a time;
    Enjoy each moment as it transpires;
    Understand that hardship is a pathway to peace and tranquility.
In specific terms:

Being fortunate to have:
  • The health and ability to do the things I enjoy;
    A wonderful, understanding and loving wife;
    Children who have and continue to make me proud, and who in turn have given me to date, two precious grand-children, one of each gender;
    Been put on this earth and being able to partake in all of the above.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Last edited by one shot scott on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I could not begin to list everything I have to be grateful for, I sure have no idea why he blesses me so much daily,,,, but I guess the one thing I have to be the most grateful for, is the gift he gave me,,,, eternal salvation and forgiveness, and for that I am eternally grateful!!! Have a Happy Healthy and Safe Holiday Season everyone,,,,, With a very Merry Christmas !!!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I have been blessed to have found a women that for the past almost 37 years has put up with me, and this year we have been blessed with two healthy grandchildren. Life is good.
GGC

Post by GGC »

Anthony
Thanks for the thought and it's the little things that seem to be the most important. Hey, we woke up this morning and will enjoy Christmas with friends and family.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.
I'll be in the Keys in about a week. If I see some Keys deer I'll post some pics.
Those little guys are protected and I've never seen them.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...Hey I left one very important Blessing out...I was Blessed as many were with meet a precious young lady at Boofest....Makena...as many know Makena is battling cancer...we were blessed to see a smiling young lady and to partake in a fund raiser on her behalf that left many a grown man and woman crying....

....Makena, I know that I and every one of us wish you the best CHRISTmas gift of all and that is to be cancer free in 2016!

Anthony :wink: :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »