German Kinetic Silver Flame Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

German Kinetic Silver Flame Broadheads

Post by CT.HNTR »

I see that SSAS is now selling the German Kinetic Silver Flame broadheads. I have heard that they have a great cut on contact design and are extremely sharp and provide excellent penetration.

I am wondering if anybody is currently using these broadheads and if so can you share your experiences? How do they fly? Do they group well?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Drew

Re: German Kinetic Silver Flame Broadheads

Post by Drew »

GK's are an excellent broadhead and according to the GK website SSAS is an actual importer and seller of them. I say this because those sold by Alaskan Bowhunting are not the original GK's and I would recommend not ordering from them. Those that I purchased from them were of inferior quality. Usable but definitely not GK level of materials or craftsmanship.

GK's were one of the very few broadheads recommended to me by PH's in Africa for bowhunting.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
CT.HNTR

Post by CT.HNTR »

Hi Drew,

Yes, I also saw the SilverFlames sold by Alaskan Bowhunting and while they are similar in design to the GK's they are clearly not the same.

I saw a demonstration a few years ago in person of the SilverFlames cutting through deer hide and when compared to trocar tips there was no comparison at all.
They cut through the deer hide like a hot knife through butter.

The blades are wide and with the high speeds of crossbows was not sure how well they would group?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

One can order the real thing directly from Marcus in Germany. The originals are cheaper this way than buying the Made in China crap, Ed from ABHS sells. Ed bought the rights to market these from Marcus and then pulled a fast one getting cheap crap made in China. All the broadheads ABHS sells are Made in China knock offs - stay away.
I tried the real Silver Flames out of my 380 and they planned badly beyond 30 yards. World class broadheads but they fly much better from my longbows.