Fishing in Florida

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hockeyfodder

Fishing in Florida

Post by hockeyfodder »

Hey All:
My wife and I are heading to Fort Myers early January 2016. Wondering if any forum members in the area know of any good (reasonably priced) fishing charters. Not looking for much, really just looking to do some different fishing from the salmon fishing we get here on the Great Lakes in Southern Ontario. Feel free to PM me with any info.
Thanks for any input,
Mike
racking up points

Re: Fishing in Florida

Post by racking up points »

I had good luck with Legacy charters out of Venice, FL three years ago. The fishing off the coast of Naples last year was absolute bunk for us. Two days on the water, 4 men and not one keeper Grouper. Avoid buying a Groupon, many outfitters offer them around March break at cutthroat prices because they will jam 15-20 anglers on one boat, you won't enjoy that, so spend the cash and get something private.

PM forum member Bubba, he is an intercoastal angler and lives around Ft. Meyers, if memory serves me right. Best of luck and post some pictures of your haul!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
rayman

Post by rayman »

Would love to help but that is a little too far south for my knowledge base. Probably going to be looking at mangrove snapper for offshore which are good. Gag grouper is out of season until June. Red grouper comes back in January 1. They are usually in deeper water but might be a possibility for a full day trip if weather is nice. Don't know about AJs in January. Might also be able to find a nice inshore guide for trout etc.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Racking up points speaks the truth. If off shore fishing is what you are interested in, go private tours. It is gonna cost you more for sure, but it's the only way to go. But like mentioned this time of year Grouper and others are out of season, so if you have a preference check to see what is open at this time. I personally am a inshore fisherman, i've done my time off shore but my son get's me out there every now and then, since he is a off shore nut, and a talented skipper. I love the flats and mangroves and bridges for all the inshore species, right now the Trout,Redfish, Snapper, and Sheeps head are what i have been bringing home since i like eating fish as much as catching them. The going rate for most inshore guides around here is about 150.00 for a half day and up to 300.00 for a full day, some a little less depending on your preference to species. Snook, is closed. Tarpon is very slow this time of year. If you just want a nice time out fishing the bay? P.M. me. I hear Canadians make great anchor's (Smile) Bubba.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

We used to go to Pine Island and I'd take my 14 foot Lund. Inshore fishing in ine Island Sound is great. Spotted sea trout, redfish and the lady fish are a riot. :wink: