O/T Crazy Crackhead MP Hates Americans

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

O/T Crazy Crackhead MP Hates Americans

Post by Guest »

Hey,

What's up with this bad-mouthing liberal dyke??

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national ... 40825.html

Missile defence for 'coalition of the idiots': Liberal MP
Last Updated Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:20:13 EDT

OTTAWA - An outspoken Liberal MP, who made headlines last year for making anti-American comments, said Wednesday that those who support the U.S. missile defence program would be joining a "coalition of the idiots."

Ontario MP Carolyn Parrish was one of a a group of vocal Liberal MPs appealing to Prime Minister Paul Martin to think twice about taking part in the missile defence program, as party members gathered for their annual caucus retreat.

Parrish, who called Americans "bastards" in the runup to the war in Iraq, used a new term on Wednesday to voice her opinion.

"We are not joining a coalition of the idiots," she told reporters. "We are joining a coalition of the wise."

Questioned later by reporters, Parrish at first denied using the word "idiots." When reporters pointed out they had the comments on tape, Parrish said: "I don't mean Americans are idiots."

Parrish later joked with reporters not to use the remarks.

"Did i really say idiots? Please guys don't put that on tape," she said. "I already got into trouble once."

When asked about Parrish's comments, Martin said that kind of language was uncalled for. "This is a very, very important debate and the arguments are very strongly felt on both sides," Martin said.

"And there is no room in this debate for that kind of language."

He declined to say whether he would reprimand her.

Some MPs at the meeting asked the prime minister to delay his decision on the controversial program until after the U.S. presidential elections in November.

However Defence Minister Bill Graham said the U.S. elections won't influence Canada's decision timetable.

"We'll have to see if the conditions are right and we'll have to see what agreement is reached," said Graham.

"If the Americans said, for example, that this would mean Star Wars or something like that we would absolutely say no."

U.S. President George W. Bush wants to create a system that will shoot down missiles aimed at the U.S. Canada has agreed to exploratory talks.

In a private meeting with Martin on Monday, NDP Leader Jack Layton warned his party would aggressively oppose joining the program when Parliament resumes in October.

With a minority government, Martin needs support from opposition MPs to avoid defeat in a parliamentary vote.

Written by CBC News Online staff
10Ring

Re: O/T Crazy Crackhead MP Hates Americans

Post by 10Ring »

Carl from Vermont wrote:Hey,

What's up with this bad-mouthing liberal dyke??
I don't know, somebody here in Canada must vote for them, I know I don't :evil:
10Ring
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I don't understand why this women can't debate an issue without getting personal. God knows we should take a hard look at this missle defence before we just sign on but why this hatred towards the U.S. I'm sure there were worst things said about Canada for not joining the war on Iraq but at least it didn't make it into the hands of the media. This M.P. is a disgrace.
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

Even Red Green couldn't shut her up with Duct tape... Martin can't control her!!!! But keep in mind Martin was agaist missle defense durring the election debate, but now signs. Why can't they say what they are going to do and do it no matter what?
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

It's quite obvious that she is anti-american :roll: and as far as I concerned, she and few of her colleagues are an embarassment to our Country :oops: and she should not even be a member of Canada's Government . It makes me sick to think that our tax dollars pay for her ( and others)wages, trips, entertainment etc,, etc, etc,

She should learn to shut her mouth!
Jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz us Murphy
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

What an embarassment! :shock: I feel ashamed of our government. :x
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Can't shut up some of the politicians over here with duct tape either :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Post by Guest »

Sorry to bring this O/T subject up, but I was curious about her motives.

Are her comments and views representative of her constituents in Mississauga-Erindale ???
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Carl, I don't live in her riding but most people I know have no hatred towards the American people. Carl, you have to realize the current administration has hurt your countries image not only in Canada but world wide. Most Canadians have a strong affection for Americans and I think this has been proven time and again. During 911 who took all the planes that were not permitted to land in the U.S.? Disregard this person, she is a radical. Every country has them. :)
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Carl from Vermont wrote:......Are her comments and views representative of her constituents in Mississauga-Erindale ???
Carl:

Most Canadian high school students who were mature enough to have views on the "missile defence" issue would have brains enough to realize that a public figure has some responsibility. A public figure has a duty to raise and discuss serious matters in order to help the public understand an issue. Apparently she lacks the sense of responsibility though to use her public position with respect. She obviously is a person who is very shallow, rude, and very stupid.

After the way she expresses herself, very few will bother to listen to anything else she says. (Except the media....they like to feed on the public spectacle of a person in "high places" doing or saying something stupid.)
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
BUCKSHOT

Humm!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

The only time politicians reflect the voice of the people is,
ELECTION TIME!
That is the same throughout North America.
It is sad that drivel makes it to the media!
There are senseless folk all around, and it is unfortunate that the whole barrel might be judged by some bad apples!
Most Canadians have Great respect for Americans!
Not because of boundaries, More the fault of personality! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

To put it short and sweet (She is f&%ked.) and take her words as such.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:D :D :D Hey it's a female...what did you expect....logic???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
maple

Post by maple »

Carl in hilly Vermont,

Good ruddy grief Carl! I don't know a single person who "hates" Americans. That's strong language, and it's really silly. It's just that some people disagree with some of the US administration's policies. Same as some Americans do. I understand that a few people down there are even in favour of crossbows!!!.......What's with them? :lol:

Unfortunately this woman holds public office and this gives her a more visible platform from which to spout her opinion. And it makes good press. Too bad about that, but divergent points of view must allowed in true democratic institutions, without fear of reprisal. We just don't have to agree with them, that's all.

Represent her constituents? I doubt this issue was ever discussed before she got elected, but now that she has the soap box all to herself, I think she just fell off.

This one we just chuckle about. She's a bit of a Looney-tune she is.

Maple
Rookee

No hope in hell to get rid of this career politician

Post by Rookee »

I'm in her riding. :oops: She's a disgrace to the country and our area. She won on name recognition, was going door to door soliciting votes from new residents.

People vote for her without knowing what she stands for. Her outbursts only tell half the story what she's all about.

Rookie