Thanks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

Thanks

Post by tkstae »

Thanks for welcoming me on board. Before finding this site my plans were to buy a Ten Point crossbow for no other reason then I was told that it was a top of the line crossbow. The only trouble was, I really wanted to keep everything as simple and trouble free as I could. In this fast paced world my idea was to slow down and enjoy. The Excalibur seems to be the answer. I have it narrowed down to either the Vixon or the Exocet. You all seem to agree that either one will be fine for taking whitetails under normal conditions. I found a dealer that has Exocets in stock, but not the Vixon. I'll check it out tomorrow.
gad

Re: Thanks

Post by gad »

tkstae wrote:Thanks for welcoming me on board. Before finding this site my plans were to buy a Ten Point crossbow for no other reason then I was told that it was a top of the line crossbow. The only trouble was, I really wanted to keep everything as simple and trouble free as I could. In this fast paced world my idea was to slow down and enjoy. The Excalibur seems to be the answer. I have it narrowed down to either the Vixon or the Exocet. You all seem to agree that either one will be fine for taking whitetails under normal conditions. I found a dealer that has Exocets in stock, but not the Vixon. I'll check it out tomorrow.
I am new on the forum too. People here is really amazing. I have a exomax, less than 10 shots fired until now, but these few shots was enough to give me a sure: it's the best! You will never regret!
maple

Post by maple »

tkstae,

Welcome to the forum.

You're on the right track. The Exocet, or the Vixen would be an excellent choice. A little more "bang for the buck" with the Exocet is all. Give yourself enough time to decide on a scope or open sights before the season starts. Let us know what you decide.

Maple
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

welcome new member!!!!...im still a new one myself. a guy from work was trying to convince me into buyin a tenpoint,he said its a good bow so i checked them out......HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED AT THEIR PRICES :shock: i was cruisin the net looking at people's opinions on crossbows for about 4 months, i was set on a HORTON till i found this site. i saw all the good talk about these EXCAL bows, and the next trip to the local archery shop i shot one.............SOLD 8) it was a done deal after the one shot fired. heh heh i love my EXOMAG :wink: --------STEELWORKER
johnbuck9

Thanks

Post by johnbuck9 »

Yep,
Steelworker said a mouth full, if you get a chance too shoot an excal, its sold, I have a exomag, and a exomax,
Too be honest with you I do not need these too power houses too hunt deer or bear the exocet would be plenty, but as they say , I just had that ned for speed, but I can assure you it wont be long and Ill be buying a exocet also , got too round out the collection. :D :D :D