Is the Vixen going

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

snuffbox

Is the Vixen going

Post by snuffbox »

Will the Vixen be with us for the new year or will it be phased out as new models come in. :(
It will be a shame if it does as its a great bow especially over here in Britain as its ver popular with the 3d shooters.
Ten points GTFlex has gone now and so it only leaves the Vixen as the only quality recurve crossbow for us shooters.
We will have to wait and see....
wheelie

Re: Is the Vixen going

Post by wheelie »

Would not surprise me if it is phased out. My GT Flex is nowhere as accurate as my Excalibur that is for sure. CHEERS! and Happy New Years to your side of the pond. :)
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

I sure hope not as well too- Less wear an tear on a serving at 150-lb draw weight. Only 1 inch shorter than a Matrix 355. Which I'm not saying anything bad at all against the Matrix line.. I know I sure do love my Deer hide brown color Vixen an Exomag I got from Dr. Danny Miller last year.... :D
galamb

Post by galamb »

I hope it is.

Then in about 5 years or so mine will become "a much sought after, discontinued, rare bow that every smaller framed shooter will pay truckloads of money to own" :lol:

On a more serious note, I can't see them killing it without having something to replace - and I don't count the lighter Matrix with it's 200lb draw or the 335 Micro with it's 290lb draw as something that they would figure to steer young/small framed shooters towards. (although I guess you could say the Cub is a "direct replacement")

But you never know. Sometimes a corporate entity will do things that a private, family run business would have never done.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I talked to mr Miller about a month ago and he said they were no longer being made. I would have to find a used one
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

You still have the 310....shorter wingspan even a little faster.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Tom

Post by Tom »

longbow joe wrote:You still have the 310....shorter wingspan even a little faster.

The above comment shows that not all people understand users which love to shoot a lot of shots from their bows.

Not all shooters want the fastest, most powerful bows out there. Those bows come with a higher cost (and I do not mean $). The effort to shoot those bows does take a toll on you after many shots. Many members on here have switched to the 150lb bow just because they were not having as much fun shooting the higher poundage bows, as they became more "work" then fun to shoot.

IF they drop the vixen, I believe that they will have a replacement (150lb class), if not, then they will be loosing a very large class of shooters.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
galamb

Post by galamb »

The above goes to my point.

I DO shoot a lot - have a range in my backyard. And can tell you even if I cock the Vix II a hundred times in an afternoon the next day my forearms are screaming at me.

So while the 310 is "only" 50lbs heavier to pull I would have to "shoot less" or "shoot less often".

Plus, loading that 50 extra pounds into shorter limbs WILL shorten the limb life - and yes, great warranty blah blah, but no advantage in "my case" - I don't need more speed or a flatter shot or more compact limbs or any of that.

And if Excal doesn't market the product I'm looking for (if I was looking) then I would look elsewhere. The reason I still shoot the Vix II is because it meets ALL my needs.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

I like mine.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sorry i was just trying to look at the brite side i forgot the 310 was that much heavier. I understand your point. Maby they should have offed the 310 n kept the vixen?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Not trying to be smart here but any of the exo series bows could be machined down to 150 lb. draw weight.
I'm sure Mr Miller has already done so or could get it done.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

The great thing about excels is they can be machined down.
My 3d shooter is a matrix 355 machined down to an 8" power stroke .
It gives 270fps .(edit)9" power stroke.......
I'm in the process of doing a matrix 310,taken an inch off the length .
It'll be a bit heavier but should give about 280fps.
But there are a lot out there that just want to buy off the shelf.
I put a 355 rail with the vixen limbs and riser and got such a sweet shooting bow giving 265 fps