grizzly and R.E.D.S

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

monge

grizzly and R.E.D.S

Post by monge »

What silencers do you fellows use on your crossbows if any ,And there pros and cons to the REDS AND AIR BLAKES? Thanks this forum has been very helpful to a new crossbow hunter!
8ptbuk

Re: grizzly and R.E.D.S

Post by 8ptbuk »

Some use Silencer's, Some don't ! You'll see a slight loss in speed using them according to their size . If you want to make your xbow as quite as possible and arent worried about speed then I would install a set . The REDs in my opinion are a must have ! They stop the movement of the string after the shot and quiten the Xbow significantly . JMO
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Try putting the Excal Brake Pads on your bow. Virtually weightless with loss in speed and they do work. But I also recommend using the REDS.
Last edited by canoe13 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

I have a set of Danny Millers string stops on my Griz! The bow is new to me but they seem to work pretty well with the limited range time I have had!
gwhuntr

Post by gwhuntr »

Tim50 wrote:I have a set of Danny Millers string stops on my Griz! The bow is new to me but they seem to work pretty well with the limited range time I have had!
How are Danny's rubber stop's different from the S5's?

Thanx,
GregO
>>>------->

Ibex
Ten Point Pro Elite Arrows
125 gr Magnus Stingers
Lumenoks
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

I put the REDS on my Grizzly yesterday and I could tell a real reduction in noise. I did also add the string leach for crossbows too. I saw no reduction at in speed but it did reduce noise enough to notice an immediate difference. I really don't get the idea of REDS reducing arrow speed? It doesn't make contact till after the shot.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I don't think REDS will reduce your speed any but any weight you add to your String will depending on what the Silencer's weigh .Nice buck in your avatar Highbow !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

Thanks 8ptbuk, I agree on anything added to the string. I shot Compound 3-D comp for several years and found that out at a early age. Now at 60 years old and knowing the ability of good string leach being able to reduce noise, I installed those yesterday and found a good effect some say they don't stay in very long but if there is twist in the string I see no reason they wouldn't if it is the model made for crossbows.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

HIGHBOW wrote:Thanks 8ptbuk, I agree on anything added to the string. I shot Compound 3-D comp for several years and found that out at a early age. Now at 60 years old and knowing the ability of good string leach being able to reduce noise, I installed those yesterday and found a good effect some say they don't stay in very long but if there is twist in the string I see no reason they wouldn't if it is the model made for crossbows.
Keep us informed on the string leachs . I've always heard they wouldn't last very long so I didn't try any which may of been a mistake on my part . Thanks

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

How are Danny's Better than Reds? He uses a harder more forgiving rubber and they cost 1/2 as much as RED's...

If I was to own a Grizzly ( which I hope to at some point fairly soon) and wanted to shoot a high perfomance , low stretch, string without an ADF :roll: It would at the very least have a set of Red's or Danny's Baby Bumpers to protect the limbs in the event of a dry fire. :wink:

A side benefit is they have no negative effect on speed nor performance as they are not attached to the limbs or string... simply mounted to the riser.
Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

Just make sure you use the #7008 REDS on your bow. The #7006 won't work
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

8ptbuk wrote:
HIGHBOW wrote:Thanks 8ptbuk, I agree on anything added to the string. I shot Compound 3-D comp for several years and found that out at a early age. Now at 60 years old and knowing the ability of good string leach being able to reduce noise, I installed those yesterday and found a good effect some say they don't stay in very long but if there is twist in the string I see no reason they wouldn't if it is the model made for crossbows.
Keep us informed on the string leachs . I've always heard they wouldn't last very long so I didn't try any which may of been a mistake on my part . Thanks
When the leaches quit you, rubber cats whiskers can be served on, that will stay. member Boo has been doing that for years. If you go to his website there is a link to a video showing how he does it.
Heyu

Post by Heyu »

I've enjoyed leaches on my long bows and recurves. Work great on compounds also of coarse. But not even the ones for crossbows stood up under the string tension that my 335 and 355 have. Cuts them in half in no time. They did last awhile on my lower poundage recurve Tenpoint GT flex though. A great use for them to me is using them on the arrow retainer for noise and vibration. Just cut a slit in them and slide it on. Bingo.
335(323fps.380gr)355(352fps.390gr)Munch mounts. Bolt glass.BEEs,GT396 swift pro.2"blazer. Slick tricks,Ramcats,Wac'em, Grim reapers. TTsingle. Boo, 8ptbuck, Deerboy, vixenmaster strings. Dalton wax. Dr stirrup kit.

Keep your nose into the wind.