Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Side by Side Comparisons-your thoughts?

Post by amythntr »

Bulldog: PS-14", DW-280lb, Length- 35.8", Speed-400fps, WT-6.2lb

Micro 355: PS-10", DW-280lb, Length- 33.5", Speed-355fps, WT-5.2lb

Sapphire: PS-10.8", DW-200lb, Length- 32.2.8", Speed-305fps, WT-5.5lb

Micro 315: PS-10", DW-260lb, Length- 32.5", Speed-315fps, WT-5.2lb

Hopefully all of the models will be at the PA show...for me it is a matter of feel and balance more than speed...also the ability to cock the bow.

Q- Are the limbs the same as the 335?...Did just the riser change? Interchangeability with the 335?

For me, clearly in wait and see mode...can't wait for the PA show!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TheBig1

Re: Side by Side Comparisons-your thoughts?

Post by TheBig1 »

I agree with you Anthony, I'm in wait and see mode. Also, I hope they're at the show, I want to feel them.

I'm very interested in the Bulldog. I'm liking the looks of it.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

Bulldog looks pretty cool.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

yep....I aint gonna be buying looks that's for sure...

I am more concerned with the answers to my queries in the original post!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

Sorry Anthony I didn't see your original post but out of curiousity was it about the reliability of the micro limbs on the 355?
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

Never mind I just read it lol.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

First thing that popped in my head when I seen the 355 was how have the limbs been improved after some micro owners experienced split limbs on their 335?
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SniperWolf wrote:Sorry Anthony I didn't see your original post but out of curiousity was it about the reliability of the micro limbs on the 355?

SniperWolf..I have the 335 not the 355 (might have been just a typo on your side....I was just wondering...did they change the limbs along with the riser...and what the riser change does...I did have some issues with the 335 limbs but with the warranty it really was not an issue!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Here is my take and I am looking for criticism or contradiction....comparison is the new Micro 355 versus the Micro 335:

....One is paying $x.xx more for the 355 over a 335 that will probably drop in price with the introduction of the new Micro 355, to obtain 20fps more all the while pulling an additional 10lbs of draw weight over the same 10" power stroke distance with a bow that is overall an inch longer.....

....other than for those who have to have it for no other reason than that....or those upgrading from an older model, or someone buying their first bow.....does this make sense?....assuming I have not missed anything!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

Anthony
That's the same conclusion I had when I read the specs., for another $grand$ I gain maybe 20' FPS? unlike my Tenpoint my Micro 335 has been flawless so far and if the 315 isn't in the $400 range why would I buy it and then need to add another $100 plus in accessories :? Now the Bulldog has some appeal if and when I have a need for more speed which I presently see no need as my THOR blows his RamCat thru them like paper 8)

Happy New

Don
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
Dale

Post by Dale »

I was waiting to see the new line up. My Exomax is more than enough for deer. However, I would like a smaller package (not that package), the one I hunt with. Been looking at the Micro and Matrix 355. Now I will look at the Micro 355 as well. If I do change, I likely will change for the Matrix 355 for the following reasons. 1) Same performance that I have now. 2) Draw weight not much more than I have now. 3) Much more compact than I have now, that is my goal anyway. 4) Of the three crossbows that I am looking at, the Matrix 355 has the least amount of stress on it's limbs. The limbs are also used on the 380 Matrix.
Just some thoughts
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

After the long wait and all of they hype, as well as my not waiting to see the new models offered... I think I'm gonna stick with my camo 335 Micro and 355 Matix as they are both paid for. :wink: and have been lacking in none of the tasks I have asked of them.

Now a new limb design, composition or manufacturing process that would insure the longivity and reliability of the limbs in my existing models would sure take a load off of my mind :D as I may have an issue starting with the left limb on my Micro :roll:
I guess time and a few more shots may tell...In the mein time if they have in fact gotten the limbs right??? I want a set for the Micro at least...

Gene
Well, that Saphire does look nice... quick Anthony, KICK ME ! :lol:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

I've bit my lip as long as I can...
Excal's "brand" is and was built upon the foundation of durability and simplicity. In a market of speed and gadgets, the simplicity and dependability of the "brand" is what attracted new customers and kept them....

Since the new owners have bought them the product line has been taken in the direction of the "rest" of the market with faster speeds, and climbing prices at the expense of what made Excalibur...well Excalibur.

It appears the owners have taken note of just how important durability is with this brand and hopefully this bow along with the rest of the new models will restore that faith in the brand's durability it had prior to the matrix 405/micro 335 models instead of worrying so much about how compact or fast they can take the recurve model...

Compact and fast are nice...but I believe most Excal owners put more emphasis upon dependability first....then compact/speed..
Just my .02
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

tomcat wrote:I've bit my lip as long as I can...
Excal's "brand" is and was built upon the foundation of durability and simplicity. In a market of speed and gadgets, the simplicity and dependability of the "brand" is what attracted new customers and kept them....

Since the new owners have bought them the product line has been taken in the direction of the "rest" of the market with faster speeds, and climbing prices at the expense of what made Excalibur...well Excalibur.

It appears the owners have taken note of just how important durability is with this brand and hopefully this bow along with the rest of the new models will restore that faith in the brand's durability it had prior to the matrix 405/micro 335 models instead of worrying so much about how compact or fast they can take the recurve model...

Compact and fast are nice...but I believe most Excal owners put more emphasis upon dependability first....then compact/speed..
Just my .02
.... Very well put TC....I recently added Manco Morto; an older model aluminum framed IBEX to the mix... Haven't shot it yet....it does however exhude dependability, reliability and simplicity...I have a sneaky suspicion it will be fun to shot and stay with me and my boys for a long time....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I couldn't have said it better myself. As a long time Excalibur owner (since 1989), I've followed the evolution of the Excalibur line. Until the advent of the Matrix, the evolution of Excalibur crawled at a snail's pace. Change was slow, testing was long and extensive, and its slogan was "By Hunters for Hunters"

After the introduction of the Matrix, like its slogan, it changed everything. The emphasis changed to rapidly introducing new models in hopes of increasing market share. Unfortunately with too many pokers in the fire it is difficult to tend to them all. The 405 trigger recall, the first in its then 30 year history, then its subsequent limbs issues are all examples of growing at perhaps too fast of a pace.

It has been seen and proven time and again that growing a business too fast can lead to failure. Excalibur has too much going for it to fail, however no company is immune to the odd hiccup. Let's just hope that with Excalibur, the recent past is just only a hiccup.

I've owned Excalibur crossbows for much too long to have to start looking elsewhere for a reliable crossbow.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.