Side by Side Comparisons-your thoughts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob watkins

Re: Side by Side Comparisons-your thoughts?

Post by bob watkins »

i agree with comfy bear not enough testing the old bows were pretty solid i dont feel that way today , i travel to hunt really need something i can depend on 100% my vortex is time proven
dabluz

Re: Side by Side Comparisons-your thoughts?

Post by dabluz »

Dependability is my main concern. Garanties, customer service, fast turn around don't mean rabbit droppings to me when I am hunting moose north of the 50 th parallel (5 hours drive from home). Even if I do go back to town, there is no way in hell that the local sellers will replace my crossbow on the spot. The local sellers don't give a sweet dog turd....they are there to sell at a profit and customer service is not profitable enough for them. And even if they did replace my crossbow, I will still have to dial it in before going back into the bush. The width of the crossbow is an idea that has been talked about too much. You can't sneak up to a bear or a deer or a moose when moving through thick bush. 90% of the hunters hunt from a stand anyway. If a moose is interested and is coming towards you, you have lots of time to set yourself up for a good clear shot. Now, if I was hunting rabbits or grouse....the size of the crossbow would need more consideration.

If a person is worried about overall size, there are air powered guns that throw arrows at speeds around 400 fps.
Vortex