Targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

farm3rbrian

Targets

Post by farm3rbrian »

Looking to buy a good target to carry and shoot for my crossbow. All input welcome
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
mr meat

Re: Targets

Post by mr meat »

Fied point or Broadhead!! rag bag for FP!! Rinehart 18x1for BH!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

would like one that does both. Probably not practical, but cost is a factor
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

I have shot both into my 18/1. I made a rag bag because field points are way easier to remove than from the Rinehart. Plus you just can't beat free. :D
Hank

Post by newbie »

Rinehart Rhino block plus a pair of Dannys pullers
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I shoot an 18 in 1 in the house. I have a full size Bulldog Target as a backstop so if I miss I do not put arrows out my attic roof. I glue paper targets on the 18 in 1. I shoot mine with field points. I have a cheapo target from Walmart for broadheads. They blast right threw target and in behind I place a piece of 12" house Styrofoam that stops the arrow the rest of the way. Then I am not putting big cuts in my good 18 in 1. Outside in my backyard I use a Rag Bag for field points. CHEERS!
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

Block makes a nice crossbow target
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Pack well with old rags and you are good to go.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/5 ... -p8575185e
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

Thought I would update my status on target suggestions. Bought a 25 pound bag of white T-shirt rags for $25.00. Went to my friend at a Marine store and bought a piece of boat shrink wrap for $12.00(enough to do five targets). I am going to shrink wrap the rag bag, because that material will not tear and come apart when punctured. Have a pkg. of shoot-n-c adhesive targets that I will place on target once it is shrink wrapped. Will post pictures when complete.
Freddyalmost

Post by Freddyalmost »

You can't beat the bag of rags for field points.2 finger removal.i also use a morell crossbow bag target for field points around 45$. Holding up good . Hanging the bag will get you longer life out of the target. I also use the Reinhardt 18-1 for broadheads.stops em good from my 380, just gotta shoot different spots.i bought a defective one from Amazon or eBay for 75$ about a year ago.
Matrix 380
Diablos with boltcutters
Airbrakes
Tactzone
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Freddyalmost wrote:You can't beat the bag of rags for field points.2 finger removal.i also use a morell crossbow bag target for field points around 45$. Holding up good . Hanging the bag will get you longer life out of the target. I also use the Reinhardt 18-1 for broadheads.stops em good from my 380, just gotta shoot different spots.i bought a defective one from Amazon or eBay for 75$ about a year ago.
This. Or as you did make the rag bag. Just pack it tight. You can't pack it tight enough. In my experience a Block won't stop my short Micro arrows quick enough. Also arrows are hard to get out becausae when they do stop the friction is so high it melts the target material to the arrow. Rinehart targets are MUCH better IMO....but I only use mine for BHs. FPs go into the bag.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

Yeah Keith. The T-shirts are packed in to a 17" x 17" x 6" bundle that is so tight I can't compress it any more when I kneel on it. Should be OK