Helping BooFest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Manitoba

Helping BooFest

Post by Hi5 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:47 pm

TheBig1 posted a serious inquiry about human consumption of coyote as a food item. There seems to be considerable skepticism at our forum about whether coyote can be considered human food.

I jokingly suggested that he go to BooFest and serve it there, and see how it was received.

Well, what began as a joke has evolved into something else! TheBig1 has researched and found some excellent recipes that sound like a sure thing to please all takers. He's going to prepare TWO COYOTE COURSES of evening meals for ALL guests at BooFest!! What a wonderful and generous gesture!

Here's the problem. He's coming from the U.S.A. side of the border. He's going to bring all his pots and pans etc. that he needs, but he can't handle hauling all that meat for the distance he is travelling.

So, here's the thing. Would everybody on the Canadian side please shoot every coyote you can. Skin them nice and clean and gut them. Then freeze the carcass and ship them to Boo (Don), and he'll keep them for TheBig1 until he arrives.

By golly, I'm sure looking forward to going to this year's BooFest!
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

one shot scott
Posts: 6774
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Wmu 87. Ontariooh ohh

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by one shot scott » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Image
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
867-5309

diesel
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Westerville Ohio

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by diesel » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:10 pm

Bet more of us would eat cougar than will eat yote.

Now if you want to try something why not fix up a bunch of raccoon

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12626
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by Boo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:31 pm

diesel wrote:Bet more of us would eat cougar than will eat yote.

Now if you want to try something why not fix up a bunch of raccoon
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12626
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by Boo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi5 wrote:TheBig1 posted a serious inquiry about human consumption of coyote as a food item. There seems to be considerable skepticism at our forum about whether coyote can be considered human food.

I jokingly suggested that he go to BooFest and serve it there, and see how it was received.

Well, what began as a joke has evolved into something else! TheBig1 has researched and found some excellent recipes that sound like a sure thing to please all takers. He's going to prepare TWO COYOTE COURSES of evening meals for ALL guests at BooFest!! What a wonderful and generous gesture!

Here's the problem. He's coming from the U.S.A. side of the border. He's going to bring all his pots and pans etc. that he needs, but he can't handle hauling all that meat for the distance he is travelling.

So, here's the thing. Would everybody on the Canadian side please shoot every coyote you can. Skin them nice and clean and gut them. Then freeze the carcass and ship them to Boo (Don), and he'll keep them for TheBig1 until he arrives.

By golly, I'm sure looking forward to going to this year's BooFest!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

User avatar
wheelie
Posts: 3813
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:01 am
Location: Meaford, Ont.

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by wheelie » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Bowfishing for Carp everyone keeps bringing me carp recipes. I have a bunch of recipes. So anyone shoots some carp just mail them to Don also and he can put 10 or 15 in his freezer for us. Make them BIG carp because lots of people to feed. Please keep them whole and 30 pounders would be good as it will take more room in his freezer. :lol:

Normous
Posts: 7142
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario.

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by Normous » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:57 pm

To sweeten the pot I'll send Don 4 bear paws for a bear paw soup appetizer to be served with the yote back straps.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>--------> 2020
Krug Micro 355, Matrix 355 and NEMESIS
LEUPOLD VX-R 2-7, TRIJICON SRO and KAHLES Red Dot
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Nature Is My Nurse

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6614
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by amythntr » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Normous wrote:To sweeten the pot I'll send Don 4 bear paws for a bear paw soup appetizer to be served with the yote back straps.

.....Come listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
2-AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

paulaboutform
Posts: 4966
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by paulaboutform » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:54 pm

I've eaten carp, black bear, grizzly bear, and cougar...but no thanks to my yellow lab's cousin Wyle. I do have one request though, if any coyote is hitting the grill at Boofest please let me grill my steaks and Italian sausage first. :shock:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

flightattendant100
Posts: 4312
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by flightattendant100 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:04 pm

paulaboutform wrote:I've eaten carp, black bear, grizzly bear, and cougar...but no thanks to my yellow lab's cousin Wyle. I do have one request though, if any coyote is hitting the grill at Boofest please let me grill my steaks and Italian sausage first. :shock:

Paul
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Smart man!!!!

User avatar
IronNoggin
Posts: 2001
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by IronNoggin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi5 wrote:... So, here's the thing. Would everybody on the Canadian side please shoot every coyote you can. Skin them nice and clean and gut them. Then freeze the carcass and ship them to Boo (Don), and he'll keep them for TheBig1 until he arrives.
Funny thing - Three landowners in Alberta called last night & this morning. Seems to be a bit of a population explosion among the coyotes out that way, and all 3 asked me to hang for a few days after the elk hunt and give them a hand putting a dent in that. Roger Wilco on my part of course. :wink:

Now - would that be Boo's business address, or the house we should be sending them too? :?

Wondering...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Hi5
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:56 pm
Location: Manitoba

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by Hi5 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:23 pm

IronNoggin wrote:
Hi5 wrote:... So, here's the thing. Would everybody on the Canadian side please shoot every coyote you can. Skin them nice and clean and gut them. Then freeze the carcass and ship them to Boo (Don), and he'll keep them for TheBig1 until he arrives.
Funny thing - Three landowners in Alberta called last night & this morning. Seems to be a bit of a population explosion among the coyotes out that way, and all 3 asked me to hang for a few days after the elk hunt and give them a hand putting a dent in that. Roger Wilco on my part of course. :wink:

Now - would that be Boo's business address, or the house we should be sending them too? :?

Wondering...
Nog

That was thoughtful of you to ask. Why not send some to each place? Or, maybe that's not organized enough.

How about from B.C. to Ontario, send them to his house, and from Quebec to Newfoundland send them to his business?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.

User avatar
IronNoggin
Posts: 2001
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 pm
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by IronNoggin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi5 wrote:That was thoughtful of you to ask. Why not send some to each place?
Roger. On It! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

User avatar
munch
Posts: 2459
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by munch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:30 pm

i would like to do my part, as a county road department worker i have an unlimited supply of road kill you name it we get it. i would be more than happy to start a stock pile out behind the shop and a day or so before boofest ill take a drive up and dump it by dons shed .dont push there will be enough for everyone .wish my new year resolution was not to switch to vegetarian this year but im sure ill get a lot of joy just watching you guys eat
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12626
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Helping BooFest

Post by Boo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 pm

munch wrote:i would like to do my part, as a county road department worker i have an unlimited supply of road kill you name it we get it. i would be more than happy to start a stock pile out behind the shop and a day or so before boofest ill take a drive up and dump it by dons shed .dont push there will be enough for everyone .wish my new year resolution was not to switch to vegetarian this year but im sure ill get a lot of joy just watching you guys eat
Vegetarian? What the heck is that? I'll mail you some soap for your mouth mister! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
If I could love like a dog does, I would have a pure conscience.
Grief is the price we pay for love QE2

Post Reply