Anyone have a vendetta range finder on a 335?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cadmaster

Re: Anyone have a vendetta range finder on a 335?

Post by cadmaster »

I had a similar argument regarding magazine capacity for my Remington 7600 pump rifle. I bought a 10 round mag (made by ram-line) when my rifle was new (they were sold at Canadian Tire) when the laws started to change back in the 90's I started to ask questions about if it was still legal and the answer from ALL LEO's including CO's was that it was perfectly legal. I found out later that in fact it was ILLEGAL as that magazine was designed to fit 7400's (semi-automatic) as well as 7600's (pump) and therefore a prohibited device. I crushed mine 5 minutes after reading the RCMP clarification document.

While the Vendetta might have a visible laser for installing the rangefinder it cannot be used for hunting as the rangefinder does not function while the visible laser is firing. also a visible laser would only be useful at a limited distance due to the ballistic arc of the arrow. The visible laser on the rangefinder acts exactly like a bore sighter for a rifle scope.

from the vendetta manual

"Activate the visible alignment laser by pressing and holding the power pad for 10 seconds. A count-down timer will be shown on the Vendetta’s display and the visible laser will activate when the timer reaches zero. If the Vendetta has
previously been activated, allow it to sit idle until it has powered down, then begin the activation process for the visible alignment laser. Safely come to full draw and aim your top pin at the center of the alignment aid. Using the red
dot created by the visible alignment laser, make note of which direction the Vendetta must be adjusted to place the red dot in the center of the circle you created on the alignment aid. (Fig.9)
Loosen the socket screw (Fig. 5) in the Socket Base Bracket and adjust the Vendetta by hand as necessary. Proper alignment has been obtained when you can aim (at full draw) your top pin at the center of the black dot, and the red
dot produced by the visible alignment laser is located in the center of the circle you created during “recreating your total offset” on the alignment aid process above. To deactivate the visible alignment laser, press and hold the power button
for 5 seconds. The visible alignment laser will automatically deactivate 5 minutes after activation."

so from that you can see that with the time lags and wait periods the laser would be useless as a sighting device while hunting.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

legalities aside..... will the mount that hooks over the scope rail fit on a 335 with the stock octane scope? the excal mount i bought for my other range finder goes on the scope and will not work. wish i knew before speding 50 bucks but live and learn. so im trying to learn if this will fit before i buy it.