Finally Shot The Exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

Finally Shot The Exomax

Post by Sliver »

Well, I finally had the opportunity to shoot the Exomax today @ the Hunting Heritage festival in Oshawa. :D
Very nice to shoot, easy to cock using the cocking aid,, and smokes those arrows down range.. :shock:
Nice to meet some other Excalibur Employees and crossbow owners.. :wink:

I'll be back up there tomorrow( have to put some more work in) and if any of you are planning on attending in the AM Bring your bow and do some shooting....Durham Archers have some targets set up beside the Excalibur Booth.

Hope to see some of you there.
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Excal. Fan

Post by Excal. Fan »

I've never shot the Max. Is it much more powerful than the Exomag? I mean, can you really see (feel) the difference when you're shooting it?
I don't know if I should switch to the Max....
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I think the Exomax is noticeably faster than a Vixen or an Exocet, but not hugely different than an Exomag. If one was shooting an Exomag you would have no real valid reason to switch up unless you have to have the speediest bow or the nicest camo IMHO. Of course ANY reason is a valid reason, but in this case it would be more WANT than NEED. :wink:

Cocking effort is similar between a Mag and a Max.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sliver : Cool shooting bows eh !

Excal. fan: IMHO , All Excal models from the Vixen to the Exomax are more then enough bow for North American game at appropriate yardages ..... You need to decide what bow fits you the best , and how great your " need for speed " is !

For more details .... click on this link ....http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/choose.html
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Excal. Fan

Post by Excal. Fan »

Thank you very much, Red Label and R.J.!
but in this case it would be more WANT than NEED.
I think, you're right... :wink:
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: :lol: Wooooooooooowhooooooooooooo I was there yesterday as well & tried Bill & Kathy's newest creation the EXOMAX!!!!!!! :shock: Awesome piece of work but quite frankly i'll stick with my Exocet!!! It does the job for me & like the old saying says....if it ain't broken, don't fix it!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Brampton Mike wrote::lol: :lol: Wooooooooooowhooooooooooooo I was there yesterday as well & tried Bill & Kathy's newest creation the EXOMAX!!!!!!! :shock: Awesome piece of work but quite frankly i'll stick with my Exocet!!! It does the job for me & like the old saying says....if it ain't broken, don't fix it!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Brampton Mike 8)
I will be sticking with the exocet as well Brampton Mike.. IMHO the Exomax is a nice Bow ,, but it is overkill as far as speed goes... The camo pattern is very nice though :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I was there on Friday and shot the Max as well. I was more interested in cocking the Max then shooting it. That was my biggest surprise, I had no trouble with it. Well I had a little trouble with it but thats because I'm 5'6" and Kevin is considerably taller. When the rope cocking handles are up around your ears it gets a little difficult. :) The speed difference from my bow (Vixen) is very noticable so is the extra length. If I got one I would shorten the stock I didn't find it comfortable to shoot. The only other noticable difference is I found the trigger alot stiffer then on the Vixen. This was no surprise considering the power difference. If your looking for power it's got plenty of that. A very nice bow.