oops

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pdislow

oops

Post by pdislow »

just shot my week or so old emax and the string came off. have i ruined it or is it safe to restring and keep on going?
thanks philip
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

PD ... same advice I gave on a different thread ....
It's been my experience that these bows are real durable . Check everything over .... look for any abnormalities on the limbs and the mag tips etc. Re-check all your bolts for tight , then resight it in again . It has to be a pretty major malfunction to put one of these bows permanently out of adjustment .

You can zero in a 20 yards with a steady rest then confirm your 30 , 40 ....

Any other problems give Excalibur service an e-mail for tech support ...

I'm shooting an Exomax .... I had something loosen off today and my shots started to drift high / left .... I'm planning to steady rest it again this week and dial it in .... I'm actually going to dead solid rest ( bagged on the table ) .... zero it at 40 , then confirm my ranges back to 20 and up again to 40 ..... ( just a routine I do when something moves and I want to be confident in my set up for opening day )

Bottom line ..... follow the above steps and you will be all set .......

My $0.02
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

I would follow RJ's advice and then if you need to contact Excalibur :D

1-800-463-1817

[email protected]

good luck

leo
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

thanks guys everything looks as good as new... the only allen screws that i could tighten had rubber behind them,,,, i have sent an email to excal and probably wont shoot it again until i hear from them.. just new and inexperienced and want to be careful
thanks philip
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

pdislow wrote:thanks guys everything looks as good as new... the only allen screws that i could tighten had rubber behind them,,,
Just tighten those srews up until they start to squeeze the rubber...
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife